• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Anyone tried the SHAD range of top boxes for their NC750x.

chris yates

Reaction score
Visit site
Looking to get a top box for my NC750x. Like the look of the SHAD range but know nothing about them.

Easy to install? Decent quality? Thanks.

I have a Shad SH58X. I really like the fact that it is expandable when needed. Very easy install and once mount in place. Very easy to put on and off.
IMG-0660.JPG Have not added side cases yet but I like the Shad 3P mounting system. Not obtrusive at all.

Dennis, thanks for the great photo. I'm also getting a red one! I'll check out the 58X. Is that photo in its 'closed position?' Have you ever considered engine bars?

Chris

I believe that was in the closed position. In my case, I normally would ride with it in the smallest setting and when stopping, change it to the largest so I can fit my helmet and jacket in there.

I've been looking at engine bars. I do not ride off road and do not want to put a "cage" on my bike. Mostly would want to (a) be able to add some auxiliary driving lights and (b) protect from a parking lot drop when practicing slow speed maneuvers. I like the older Givi bars, but not the ones for 2021+ (2 separate pieces). SW Motech look nice (what I had on my Africa Twin) but not sure about adding lights to them (see many have their lights attached so that if the bike drops, the lights hit first). Right now I am leaning to just going with the OEM Light Bar. I know it works great for the lights and looks nice on the bike (plus an easy install). Have heard some people say it protects from a simple drop. Others disagree with that.

I am not buying anything more until I install the 3 things I have in my garage right now: fender extender, radiator guard and fork guards. Have had all 3 for weeks now and just keep putting off the install. Of course, I knew there would be no riding over the winter. But spring is here so no more procrastinating allowed.

I managed to get the dealer to do hand guards, main stand and fender extender as part of the cash deal but was thinking about fork guards.

Does the expandable function of the top box give rise to any leaks when raining. presumably there must be some kind of seal.

thanks for all your input , Chris

I managed to get the dealer to do hand guards, main stand and fender extender as part of the cash deal but was thinking about fork guards.

Does the expandable function of the top box give rise to any leaks when raining. presumably there must be some kind of seal.

thanks for all your input , Chris
Have not driven in any hard, driving rains. But I really do not think there would be any leaks. Very sturdy top case and they've been around a long time

Is that the Givi screen?
Yes, probably the first thing I did. Makes a huge difference especially on the highways. Oxford Heated Grips right up there with my best additions. And, getting a new custom seat made a nice comfort improvement. Also have added lower pegs from SW-Motech and Bar Back risers also from SW-Motech.

Back