• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

any tricks for Installing Honda side barackets and rear carrier

redbike2

Reaction score
Visit site
About to install honda 46 l rear box
rear carrier
side brackets

2104 nc700x with manual clutch

if anyone has done this, i appreciate the advice:

no need to cut or trim anything?

do the spacers (referred to as flange collars in the instructions) stay in place when the old hand rails are removed?
if not, any trick to keep them from falling into the body work? or fishing them out?

any other issues or tricks that I should know.

thanks to all!

by the way, here are the new links for the new instructions:

2014: http://powersports.honda.com/documentum/MW01/08L70-MJJ-A30.pdf

2016:http://powersports.honda.com/documentum/MW01/08L71-MKA-A30.pdf

I only have the rear carrier, no cutting was needed, the "collars" will fall out, I used clear scotch tape with a cut over the hole in the collars to push the bolts through when reinstalling.

Thanks.

When they fell out, did they fall to the ground or someplace easily accessible?
Also, did you remove both seats?
Finally, did you use blue loctite anywhere?

thanks, thanks

They seemed to fit tighter in the non-rack passenger handle holes, I don't know if that holds true for all bikes.
Mine fell out trying to install the rack handles, and not in an easy to retrieve way.
Also leave all of the bolts partly loose until you have everything in place, then tighten them.
I did not use Loctite on mine. :fingers crossed now:

ok, 1st thanks to grey1one

installed honda oem racks, rear carrier, and top box.

very intuitive - honda instructions not really clear

1st: when disassembling rear seat - line the area below with a sheet of tin foil to catch the springs washers etc. if you drop them. remember, when you remove the pin, the spring and washers will pop off if you do not attend to them.

popping both seats off and back on takes only a second.... however, the seats probable do not need to be removed - especially the front ...

2nd, on the hand rails: the parts referred to as flange collars are really just spacers. They are made of aluminum and sit between the frame threads and top of the rack and push up into the rack. when removing the original handrails, the spacers are stuck into the old rack and are unlikely to fall into the frame if you are careful. when installing the new rear carrier racks, if you are not careful the front spacers can drop because they are loose. if you are ready, use a stick note on the edge to keep the spacer in the new rack while you line it up and start the bolt and then pull out the stick note.

i used a little blue loctite on all the fasteners just for extra security.

there was nothing to attaching the rear rack.

easy, 20 minute job

Back