• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Any nt700v and nc700x owners here?

Thank you for the replies, NT owners.
I'm still intrigued but I have to admit to hesitating on the basis of being, historically, a big motor guy. I'm not going to do Isle of Man laps around western Wisconsin anymore, if I ever did, but I did long ago develop a taste for a larger, less-hard-working engine that can lever the whole package without much drama or throttle twisting. That's what slows me down looking at bikes with less than a liter capacity.
Yet I am looking ahead to the day when the GL18 will be simply too heavy anymore. I know the gross weight (1300lbs/590kilos) when we're both aboard will eventually get to be too much for older legs to manage is less-than ideal conditions such as sand or gravel.
The other bikes I'm considering replacing the GL18 with run more towards the Concours 14, Versys 1000LT, and I even looked at a BMW R1150RT. That should give an idea.
I once thought, well, I'll still have an NC700X on hand to putt around on, too, but as things develop, it appears the Missus will not be turning over the key any time in the foreseeable future, apart from post-wrench-time test rides.
To the point above about chain maintenance and chain life, here's what I have learned: lube. Just lube it, every time you think of it and twice when it rains. I have had a number of chains over the last few decades exceed 40,000 miles (64,300km) easily and the one on my current Kawasaki ZX1100E had over 53K. It can be a near non-issue, if you just lube. To the next question, PJ-1 Blue Label.

What I'd be really interested in hearing about the NT700/Deauville is the highway performance. Reviews from the 2010 era when they were released in the US (and practically all of the ones that were sold here were 2010s) tended to indicate that it was an okay bike up to about 65-70mph (105-115kph) but then it pretty much ran out of juice- running at high revs with attendant vibration while not really having much power left.

That is not true. I got my bike up to 96 MPH the other day passing a car. It felt like it has more to give to get you over 100 MPH easily. A mild vibration "BUZZ" can be felt in both the handlebars and footpegs starting at between 80 to 85 MPH, it's noting violent and it is tolerable. I personally wouldn't want to ride all day feeling that vibration for a long period of time.

This bike does not have any troubles keeping up with the flow of traffic here in SoCal in the Los Angeles area. At about 5,500 or 6,000 the engine comes alive and pulls noticeably.

I hope this at least gives you an idea that this bike is not as "BLAN" as all the US reviews made this bike to be. Another thing, this bike does wonderfully in the canyons and twisties. These might be a best kept secrete in Honda's bike history.

The NT700 is either 58hp or 60hp (depending on which article you read). I haven't ridden one but I have been looking at them. It shouldn't have any problem getting to 100mph (heck my 500+lb Suzuki c50 with its 42hp can get to 100mph). Many of those motorcycle magazines 7 years ago was all about performance (speed) and many still do. Only thing a rider can do is test ride one (either by dealership or privately owned) to see how it pulls at speed.

The NT700 is either 58hp or 60hp (depending on which article you read). I haven't ridden one but I have been looking at them. It shouldn't have any problem getting to 100mph (heck my 500+lb Suzuki c50 with its 42hp can get to 100mph). Many of those motorcycle magazines 7 years ago was all about performance (speed) and many still do. Only thing a rider can do is test ride one (either by dealership or privately owned) to see how it pulls at speed.

It wouldn’t surprise me if the motorcycle journalists played a part in killing the NT because it didn’t satisfy their thirst for power and speed.

Mine pulls when I crack throttle while cruising at 75 MPH to easily to overcome and past a car. I also do not have any troubles getting across 4 lines of traffic when I transition from CA-118 to the I-5 South.

CA118&I5.jpg

This is a "HAIRY" little piece of highway to get across to the Carpool Lane at times. The NT700V does it without any hesitation. I easily can get to 85 MPH or over when crossing the highway. I just do not like keeping this bike at these speeds to minimize the abuse to me.

What I don't like about this bike is that there's no Harzard/4-Way switch offered. I use them to warn these non-attentive drivers when I lane split. I also blast my horn to get their attention away from there phones and texting. I remedied the problem myself and installed one remotely over the weekend. It works like a charm... :eek:

I have owned an NT 700 and currently a NC 700 DCT. I like both of them. I'm considering another NT700 for the longer rides. I miss the wind protection of a full fairing bike.

Back