• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Question Any MY21+ install Supabrake Modulator?

Veliksam

Reaction score
Visit site
I want to up my safety a little so I'm looking at installing a quality brake modulator from Vizi Tec, in most cases it's a plug n play solution which actually includes your bike specific brake wiring harness connectors. I've checked in their website and I do see that they show the NC750X in their availability menu however when it comes to the model year there's no drop down to select from, you just type in your model year so at this point I'm not certain they actually have the connectors for MY 21+. Anyways I've sent them an email for confirmation and I'm waiting to hear back from them.

Supabrake 3 modulator

In the meantime has anyone on here with a MY 21+ had any experience with the Vizi Tec?
I did find 1 video on YouTube of a 2018 Africa Twin installing this but I couldn't find anything on the NC750x. I've read the brake connector on the 21+ is different from previous years.

Either way I'm really enjoying this forum, lots of great info and friendly chill riders. Cheers guys!

Sami

IMG_0468.png

Just heard back from Vizi Tec, Mr Bernard confirmed they have the correct connector for 2021+ MY and he even sent me photos. I also checked my connector to make sure I don't have some weird early model 21 connector but it looks good.
If anyone interested he gave me a 15% off coupon and said anyone is welcome to use it. They also sell an integrated garage door opener which is actuated via your bike's brake inputs.

Here's the coupon code valid until end of the year 2024: vt2024-15
IMG_0469.jpeg
IMG_0473.jpeg

Last edited:
Thanks for the tip on the garage door opener. If you could share the coupon code that would be really appreciated!
It's in my Second post right above the First photo. I'll just go ahead and highlight it or make it in bold font.

A little extra rear light safety is a good idea.

I got a flashing bulb for my CB 1100 which flashes 3 times and then goes solid.
Yeah that's nice you were able to do it with a bulb. Unfortunately the NC has no removable bulb

I have a Whelen M7 on the back of my VStrom, soon to be moved to my NC750. That said, I have no problem with brake light modulators and there are a number of additional lights out there that flash in various patterns.

I do object strongly to misleading advertising. I will quote from the website, "This results in the immediate attention of following drivers without annoying them." Having once almost become a cars hood ornament when I slowed to a stop on my ST1300 with said M7 but the following car did not, I doubt any brake light will draw immediate attention, etc. For the record, the M7 is used on the back of ambulances and fire trucks, includes 150 odd patterns of flashing and is extremely bright. Mine is set up to flash 4 times then hold steadily on as long as the brake is on. I used to joke its light output was so strong that it would add about 10 mph to ones top speed from the photon push. Sadly, if the driver is playing with his/her cell phone, no light will wake them up.

I'm not sure about the Whelen M7 but with the Supabrake 3 you can re-activate the flash/strobe on your brake light.
Either way like you said nothing will save you from an inattentive driver, that's why you always stop in a way that you have an escape route and you stay aware of traffic behind you, should you ever need to escape you're ready to bail

I'm not sure about the Whelen M7 but with the Supabrake 3 you can re-activate the flash/strobe on your brake light.
Either way like you said nothing will save you from an inattentive driver, that's why you always stop in a way that you have an escape route and you stay aware of traffic behind you, should you ever need to escape you're ready to bail
The M7 is simply an auxiliary, or extra brake light. It will not flash/strobe anything other than itself. Connect several of them, and 1. you will blind everyone behind you; 2. increase your top speed exponentially with the photon thrust; 3. they can be made to flash in sequence or randomly.

In that instance above, I stopped a full car length's space behind the car in front of me, looked in the mirror and saw this guy driving full speed across the intersection (I was #2 behind car #1 at a red light, big utility truck on my left). I started rolling forward, angling towards the curb aiming for a space to the right of the car ahead of me, at some point he slammed on his brakes and squealed to a stop somewhere behind me. I'd stopped just short of the curb - nowhere to go. If he had not stopped, I would have either been his hood ornament or a wiley E. coyote flattened shape on the back of the car ahead of me. This could have been one of those brown pants moments, except I had no time to consider that.

The M7 is simply an auxiliary, or extra brake light. It will not flash/strobe anything other than itself. Connect several of them, and 1. you will blind everyone behind you; 2. increase your top speed exponentially with the photon thrust; 3. they can be made to flash in sequence or randomly.

In that instance above, I stopped a full car length's space behind the car in front of me, looked in the mirror and saw this guy driving full speed across the intersection (I was #2 behind car #1 at a red light, big utility truck on my left). I started rolling forward, angling towards the curb aiming for a space to the right of the car ahead of me, at some point he slammed on his brakes and squealed to a stop somewhere behind me. I'd stopped just short of the curb - nowhere to go. If he had not stopped, I would have either been his hood ornament or a wiley E. coyote flattened shape on the back of the car ahead of me. This could have been one of those brown pants moments, except I had no time to consider that.
Sheesh! That is a brown pants moment for sure! Glad you got lucky and made it safe!
Many people in the roads are completely incompetent drivers and have complete disregard for road rules. I drive more than most people and I cannot tell you how many people I see texting and driving every single day! It's scary! Especially here in Florida it's friggin chaos!

Has anyone had any experiences, good or bad, with an ST2 Strober which I believe is a very similar device? I purchased one a year ago and intended to install it on my Rebel but was informed that it and similar devices might not be legal for use in the US. It currently resides in a box on a shelf in my garage. I would like to install it on my NC, IF it's legal to do so.

The same company also sells an ST2 Brake Module. I am really unsure what the differences are between the two products. Does anybody out there know?

Has anyone had any experiences, good or bad, with an ST2 Strober which I believe is a very similar device? I purchased one a year ago and intended to install it on my Rebel but was informed that it and similar devices might not be legal for use in the US. It currently resides in a box on a shelf in my garage. I would like to install it on my NC, IF it's legal to do so.

The same company also sells an ST2 Brake Module. I am really unsure what the differences are between the two products. Does anybody out there know?
The ST2 device seems to be of bad quality, check these videos:

If you want the increased visibility and warning to other drivers of flashing red LED lights to the rear when you decelerate and/or brake, but don't want to worry about state laws regarding the motorcycles own brake lights, then check out the Brake Free helmet brake light.

On my 2023 UK/European spec bike, the rear indicator lights both flash rapidly during heavy braking above 31mph. I think it picks up a signal from the ABS somehow. It is not as effective as it would be if it also flashed the stop light but at least Honda have given some thought to this 'safety' issue and it is included in the stock bike spec.

If you want the increased visibility and warning to other drivers of flashing red LED lights to the rear when you decelerate and/or brake, but don't want to worry about state laws regarding the motorcycles own brake lights, then check out the Brake Free helmet brake light.
Interesting solution. Thank you K-Bee.

Back