• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Any interest in a "Tech Meet" / Maintenance Day & BBQ?

Antarius

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Anyone interested in doing a tech day / BBQ once the weather gets a bit better? I live about 50 miles north of San Francisco and will be doing a pretty extensive overhaul of the NC once the weather gets better.

Since I will be doing quite a bit of work, I figured I'd open it up to anyone else who wants to come up and work on their bike / needs help. I have the space and tools (unless it's some super special stuff) to do just about whatever we need. If there's enough of us, I figured we'd toss some dogs / burgers on the BBQ and make a "meet" out of it.

What I intend on doing:
Oil / Filter Change
Valve Adjustment
Coolant Flush
Fork Fluid Flush
Chain & Sprockets
Air Filter
Brake Pads
Rebuild Front Caliper
Replace Brake Lines
Bleed Brakes

I have enough room to work on quite a few bikes at a time.

Anyhow, if anyone is interest shoot me a PM or reply here and we'll plan it. I'm guessing it'd be sometime around May, the weather should be nice and warm by then.

Wow - sounds fun. My folks live in St. Helena - maybe if I am visiting that day, I can swing by...

Well, if interest grows I'll dial in a day and be sure to send you a PM.

I just figured some people may want help with X or Y and what better than to have a garage full of people and food to help each other out. For those that just want to watch and learn, they can do that too and maybe they'll be more inclined to do their own work going forward!

I'm approaching 8000mi, so I'll be needing to do a few of those on my bike, but I'll be well past that after traveling 2200 miles+ to CA, and not sure I'd be able to make time anyway.

You guys have fun, though. ;)

Just so those that are less mechanically inclined know if you ride your motorcycle there you probably won't be able to adjust your valves. The valves and engine need to be room temp to properly adjust. You could trailer it in or drain all the fluids assuming the weather is cool and you don't mind hanging out, it just turns a hour to a hour and a half job into a three or four hour job. If you don't know how to work on your motorcycle and have any interest in it I would highly recommend taking Antarius up on his generis offer.

I was the only one to show up last time, keep us updated on the date and I'll see if it fits the schedule.

Back