• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Any experience with Bill Mayer ERGO seat pad?

Hey guys, I'm definitely interested in a custom seat since I'm constantly sliding forward on mine. After every little bump I have to re-adjust. I read about some of the hacks, lifting the front of the seat up but I don't like how that's leaving a gap between the seat and the chassis.

Would a custom seat from corbin or Sargent take care of that issue? Also, do you guys have a preference? I live in Los Angeles so I could def ride up to Ojai for a daytrip. Corbin is in hollister which would be more of a weekend trip.

Any thoughts?

Corbin is the only " Off the shelf seat " .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow! Vinyl "pilot only" is somewhat less: $444 plus $22 shipping. Might wait awhile for that farkle. Probably worth a ride to take advantage of the on site custom fitting process for that price. Maybe a closer custom maker!

So here's the BMS custom I just installed a week or so ago. It's vinyl, but not the smooth kind, since I only did the front seat, and wanted it to look at least a little like the back seat.

Installation required a little muscle to get the front into place correctly, since there was now extra padding at the front of the seat that went around to the underside. I got it settled in, though, without a LOT of drama - just some grumbling. Back screwed in place okay, and after a few days, the old rear seat releases just fine with the key, although it did tend to stick for a couple of days.

The new seat almost makes me feel that I'm on a different bike. It's wider and dished out some at the rear. With the stocker, I could flat foot both feet comfortably. With the BMS redo, that's turned into a little stretch. I still can do it, but I do have to stretch a little now to get both feet flat on the ground (5' 10", 32" inseam).

I've probably ridden between 800 and 1000 miles in the past week, and I've got to say that the seat's an incredible improvement. One of the rides was a circle of almost 400 miles from Tucson to Phoenix, west through Globe to Safford, and back home with a slight detour south to Sahuarita just before heading back to northwest Tucson. I mostly just stopped for gas and coffee or other fluids (okay, mostly coffee). I'll admit that by the time I got back home, I was pretty tired of sitting, but I wasn't in pain. Quite a difference from the stock seat for me.

I sent in my stock seat with the pix BMS asked for on their web page instructions. I sent it off on a Friday, and got it back just over a week later on Monday. Fortunately, I also own a Suzuki M50 cruiser, so I wasn't having bike withdrawal while I was waiting for my seat to be done and returned. I went with BMS at least partly because of the occasional bad feelings that Corbin seems to suffer from, and partly because of the fact that Corbin's seems to be a one-size-fits-all kind of solution, while BMS tries to put some customization into their saddles based on the customer's build, weight, etc.

Attachments

• IMG_1242.jpg
    IMG_1242.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 294
Not for nothing, but I wonder, what level of customization goes into the seat (besides the foam density, maybe).
I am asking because every picture of the BMS seat looks the same TO ME... Looks like the same size dish, same width... same neck, same taper in the back...

Am I missing something? Just perception? I am just curious what the pictures on the bike that Rocky is asking for are used for...? Did anyone who has the seat ask / know? Please, share.

Don't get me wrong, I am not trying to "undermine" Rocky in any way! As a matter of fact - I will be getting the same seat myself ASAPly can :)

BMS ERGO seat (experiences)

I got the ERGO today, I get the bike tomorrow, so I'll give a review.

Hi StratTuner,

I was wondering if you and other members could give me some feedback (detail review) on the BMS Ergo Contour Seat, which allows use from one bike to another. I am 5'10", 172 lbs with a 32" inseam. Please give specifics. i.e.

Not just how many miles you ride on a long day with this seat, but how many hours non stop? The stock seat is good for about an hour and my butt/hips begin hurting quite a bit.
Does The Ergo alleviate the forward slope of the stock seat?
How does the Ergo affect distance to ground for holding the bike up flat footed?
If you have a few pictures, could you please post them to your reply. (a seat height side view pic, would help me see if the Ergo Contour will help with the sliding forward slope problem with the NC700X stock seat.

If anyone tried the Ergo and returned it, please let me know the reason. Did you then have BMS build you a custom seat for your NC700X?

Thanks so much in advance for your help.
Mike

I can do better than that. PM me your shipping address, and I'll send it to you so you can test it. You just have to remember to send it back!

- StratTuner via Tapatalk

I note that the BMS seat is fairly expensive. When it starts to equal the cost of a new seat, it would be smarter to get a new seat. Sergeant is a good choice and others as well. Do think about that.

- StratTuner via Tapatalk

[...every picture of the BMS seat looks the same TO ME... Looks like the same size dish, same width... same neck, same taper in the back...]

My guess is that BMS has it figured out and stick by that formula. I've never heard any gripes about their stuff. Corbin seats are rock hard; some people love them while others hate them. One thing for sure, Customer Service at Corbin is non-existent.

[...every picture of the BMS seat looks the same TO ME... Looks like the same size dish, same width... same neck, same taper in the back...]

My guess is that BMS has it figured out and stick by that formula. I've never heard any gripes about their stuff. Corbin seats are rock hard; some people love them while others hate them. One thing for sure, Customer Service at Corbin is non-existent.
Well you can hear your first BMS gripe now! I rode into BMS' location and had a custom seat made by them. I also supplied the requisite photos showing me in the required positions. The seat I then received was terrible, but expensive! I couldn't wait to remove it from the bike and get a Corbin. Don't even think about trying to return it!
Did the same ride in to Corbin's. No photos necessary! Very nice people and great service. Still riding on my Corbin.
That little, "one size fits all" BMS seat is like sitting on a lump on your stock seat. Feels like your riding on top of a bike, not in the bike. Very unstable feeling!
Good luck with your BMS seat!

Back