• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Any experience with Bill Mayer ERGO seat pad?

StratTuner

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm thinking about getting one of THESE.
Has anyone tried one?
Was it worth $170?

(I searched the site for a review before I made this post.)

ERGO21-940x547.jpg

Last edited:
I would suggest you ride the bike for a while before looking at seat solutions. There are some members who don't have a problem with the stock seat an several that said raising the front of the stock seat made it pretty comfortable. There is a thread on the forum about how to raise it.
As far as your original question is concerned, I looked at the Ergo Pad, but decided that I'd rather go ahead and pay to have the seat modified the way I wanted it. I went to Sargent Seats to have mine done, but I'm in Florida. I don't know how far you live from Bill Mayer Saddles (I think they are in Ojai), but if they are close enough I would suggest taking a ride to BMS. They do ride in seat re-builds for our bikes and, if you'd rather go with the Ergo Pad, you can check it out for yourself.

The above is just a suggestion from someone who considers just about anything to be a good reason for a bike ride.:)

Bob

I would hold off on the seat.the stock isn't that bad.yes in town i slide some but out on the open road i have found a nice spot in the middle.it just needs broke in some.i have only bought the fender extendar and a taller windshield on order.this is my options and everyone is different.put some miles on it you will find what you need and works best for you.

The addition of cheap highway pegs went a long way towards improving comfort on longer rides for me. $15 is a lot cheaper than $400ish for a Corbin or BMS seat.

I don't know how far you live from Bill Mayer Saddles (I think they are in Ojai), but if they are close enough I would suggest taking a ride to BMS. They do ride in seat re-builds for our bikes and, if you'd rather go with the Ergo Pad, you can check it out for yourself.

The above is just a suggestion from someone who considers just about anything to be a good reason for a bike ride.:)

Bob

Wow.. I wouldn't need much of an excuse to ride to Ojai. It would be day trip for me, a good one, there and back again.
Do you get a price break if you ride in for a seat mod?
I guess the price would come down the cost of shipping at least.

I don't think there is any price break, but the normal procedure for a ride in usually includes modding the seat, putting it on the bike without cover, letting you ride and try it out, doing any tweaks you request, and then putting on the new cover. Bottom line is the seat is made and fitted to you. You would have to contact Mayer to verify this, but that is the way Sargent did mine and I believe that is the norm whenever you have a ride in appointment for a custom seat.

Bob

I don't think there is any price break, but the normal procedure for a ride in usually includes modding the seat, putting it on the bike without cover, letting you ride and try it out, doing any tweaks you request, and then putting on the new cover. Bottom line is the seat is made and fitted to you. You would have to contact Mayer to verify this, but that is the way Sargent did mine and I believe that is the norm whenever you have a ride in appointment for a custom seat.

Bob

I will definitely contact him about that as it would give me an excuse to ride there, get a seat, and ride home.
Until then... I just ordered a vinyl smooth ERGO... hopefully it will get here before my big ride on Friday (week from tomorrow) home from AZ.
I should do part of the ride with/without the ERGO.... see which feels better.

I will definitely contact him about that as it would give me an excuse to ride there, get a seat, and ride home.
Until then... I just ordered a vinyl smooth ERGO... hopefully it will get here before my big ride on Friday (week from tomorrow) home from AZ.
I should do part of the ride with/without the ERGO.... see which feels better.

I would start off riding on the stock seat first. If it becomes uncomfortable you can always put the pad on for more comfort. Just a suggestion. It might work going the other way too though.
Mike

I would start off riding on the stock seat first. If it becomes uncomfortable you can always put the pad on for more comfort. Just a suggestion. It might work going the other way too though.
Mike

The ride from my dealer to home is 317 miles, so I get a good intro to what the seat is like!

The original poster has a good question and I wouldn't myself having a bit more room for my legs (35" inseam). How much more room does the pad give? Any help taking hot spots off the butt?

Bill Mayer contacted me to fill out the "form" they have on their web site. They wanted to know inseam, weight, height. They also wanted a side photo of me on the bike with feet on the pegs, but I couldn't help them there.
Seat Review in one week and a day!

Hey guys, I'm definitely interested in a custom seat since I'm constantly sliding forward on mine. After every little bump I have to re-adjust. I read about some of the hacks, lifting the front of the seat up but I don't like how that's leaving a gap between the seat and the chassis.

Would a custom seat from corbin or Sargent take care of that issue? Also, do you guys have a preference? I live in Los Angeles so I could def ride up to Ojai for a daytrip. Corbin is in hollister which would be more of a weekend trip.

Any thoughts?

I had a custom Bill Mayer Seat made for my NC, and I absolutely love it. Rocky is a great guy. I imagine the Ergo feels pretty good too, but I only have experience with the custom seat (they also recovered the passenger seat for me to match in top quality leather). I rode 350mi on it two weekends in a row, without even a hint of discomfort.

I had a custom Bill Mayer Seat made for my NC, and I absolutely love it. Rocky is a great guy. I imagine the Ergo feels pretty good too, but I only have experience with the custom seat (they also recovered the passenger seat for me to match in top quality leather). I rode 350mi on it two weekends in a row, without even a hint of discomfort.

That's awesome. Does it take care of the forward slant of the standard seat?how much is a custom seat?

Back