• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Aftermarket exhaust and luggage clearance?

MalcolmReynolds

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
So I purchased some Givi/Kappa luggage for the NC. I am just waiting for it to arrive. I am interested in aftermarket exhaust for the NC. The saddlebags I purchased are the K33N which is the equivalent of the V35 saddlebags from Givi only a little smaller. They use the same mounts.

I am trying to determine what aftermarket exhaust will work with these bags. I have been searching the forum for any info about fitting aftermarket exhaust with those bags and I am having a hard enough time just finding info about the bags let alone any info about how they fit with an aftermarket exhaust.

If you have any experience with the V35 or the K33N and aftermarket exhaust I would love to get your input. If you have any pictures I would love to see them.

I have been searching YouTube also for any pictures of aftermarket exhaust on the NC in the hopes I would see some with luggage that might be able to give me an idea, but there really isn't much out there. So I will certainly post pictures of my bike and give the specifics regarding clearance and fit with a center stand, the Givi/Kappa bags, and aftermarket exhaust as I put this all together.

Hopefully I will be able to help others with some detailed info about how I end up getting this bike setup for me which might help others figure out if something will work or not. I am just waiting things to show up in the mail at the moment. :)

So I have continued to dig around and still not a lot that I can find. So I guess I get to be the "test subject" and will experiment. I just ordered a Delkevic 17" Tri-Oval stainless steel exhaust. I have not idea if it is going to fit with the luggage I ordered. From what I have read from others here on the forum they do come with the stop for the centerstand. So there should not be a fitment issue with the center stand. The question will be if the exhaust angle and length are going to get into the bags.

I am hoping with the angle of the bottom of the V35/K33 that there will be enough room to clear the bottom of the bags. I wanted a longer exhaust as I am not looking for loud exhaust. The video I have seen of this exhaust in the larger size sounds like it should do the trick to provide a mellow tone and a nice look. There is a video here on the forum of an 18" carbon fiber oval and it sounds pretty good, but I didn't want a pipe quite that long. So I am hoping the 17" is enough of a compromise to fit the space.

I will post pics and details as all this stuff starts to go on the bike.

I wish I could help but I have a different setup. I was concerned as well with clearance. I have SW-MOTECH Quick-Lock EVO Side Case Racks , Givi E22's, and Danmoto JISU exhaust. There turned out to be about 1/2 inch clearance. I've put about 800 miles on it since the install and no melted plastic yet. Was thinking of putting some heat reflective tape or material on the lower end of side case just to be safe.IMG_0529.jpg

Thanks for the reply. This is exactly my concern as I know my pipe is longer and taller, but I have no idea how much clearance the Givi bags are going to provide since they also have some angle to them as well.

In your case as long as you are moving you likely won't have an issue. It looks like from your picture that the pipe extends past the bag. I would certainly look at some heat reflective tape just in case you get stuck in stop and go traffic where heat is boiling off of the exhaust. Your exhaust clearance doesn't look bad in the pic.

It is really hard to figure this stuff out when the pictures from manufacturers don't look the same as what I see on owners bikes. However the owners bikes pictures are generally not at the best angles or distances to see the size, fitment, and clearances.

Right now I am tracking orders and looks like most of my stuff is coming on a slow boat from China given the estimates for delivery. I think I will have the exhaust next week however and I will at least have and idea just how high that is going angle and possibly get into the space where the bags will mount.

I will post some pics after the install and give everyone a look. If nothing else it might help others considering the Delkevic aftermarket exhaust on the NC.

Here is a picture from the manufacturer for the exhaust I ordered:
nc700x_delkevic_trioval.jpg

Yeah, Definitely going to get some tape this weekend. Had one correction...my cases are E21's not 22 (which doesn't really matter since yours are K33's). Hope it all fits ok for you.

I managed to get the Kappa K33N bags mounted on the NC today and no problems at all. Lots of room for clearing the Delkevic 17" Tri Oval exhaust. Looks like I could have gone with the bigger 18" exhaust and it wouldn't have been a problem either. So I was worried for nothing. I will try to get some pics of the bags and exhaust clearance so others who might be considering the Givi or Kappa K33N or V35 bags can judge for themselves if this is a look and fit that they would be happy with.

Here are some pictures of the exhaust clearance with the Kappa K33N bags:
IMG_0050.jpgIMG_0051.jpgIMG_0052.jpgIMG_0053.jpg

Last edited:
Back