• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

African twin with dct.

At Wing Ding this past September, Honda showed up with:
Goldwing
F6B
Valkyrie
CTX1300
VFR800
Several flavors of the CB500
NM4
NC700XD
CBR300R
CTX700 DCT
And maybe a couple more. My favorite ride was the 500X.

I rode 7 of the bikes. Test rides are easy to get because most Wingding people aren't shopping for a new bike. If The Africa Twin shows up at all it will probably just be there to look at but not ride. That's the way they did the NC three weeks before it hit dealers. You could look and sit but not start it up.

I like the Honda crew and the rides. They are very safety oriented but it's still fun.

The Harley Livewire demo at last year's Progressive show was just a short ride on a treadmill inside the building. That thing sounds awful, like a gearbox with dry bearings. Still, it's better sounding than a Harley V twin.

Last edited:
Must be nice. In the USA Honda does not do test rides, nor rides at rallies, or anything some attorney can sue them for.

At Americade in 2007 and every year since that I have attended there were test rides available from all of the manufacturers. You have to sign up ahead of time or very early (0600) on the day of the demos. I took a demo ride on a Can-Am Spyder that I stood in line for for over an hour. It was NOT worth the wait. I was able to test ride 2 bikes at my local Honda dealer before I bought my 2014 NCXD.

The Harley Livewire demo at last year's Progressive show was just a short ride on a treadmill inside the building. That thing sounds awful, like a gearbox with dry bearings. Still, it's better sounding than a Harley V twin.

At the Long Beach Show last year, they were leading groups on about 6-7 Livewires on a ride around Long Beach.

I test ride bikes at rallies also. But this year's rallies at Daytona, Sturgis, Lone Star, ROT, and Hell's Canyon, Honda had displays but no rides.

Back