• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Adventures of Nana Chou - A Texas Butter Goes Alaskan

WOW, I could not sleep so I went looking for something to enjoy and this tread was more than I could hope for. Sorry for the mishap but the handling of the incident was inspiring. The ride was fueling my bucket list and the need to clean out my garage (short for fixing and selling some bikes I do not ride anymore) so I can get the NC in and get it prepared for an adventure. I think the 49th state is good but I really think you attract the special people you experienced. If you are ever in San Antonio or near let me know I'd like to take you to lunch/dinner. Not all of us could buy a truck to get back home in the style you demonstrated but it gave us all the insight that we could have a good trip even if the unfortunate mishap should happen. I just hope I would have such a positive attitude and ability to perform as you demonstrated. Sorry for the mishap but inspired with your handling the situation and the report.

Here are the pics my buddy took of OCR's bike on the side of the Dalton.
yhevady3.jpg

uje9a5y5.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow... two weeks withgout the forum and one of the first topics shock the crap out of me... thank God you're OK OCR!

Get well soon... loads of new stories to tell are still awaiting you. :cool:

I hate seeing threads like this. Always pains me to see a fellow biker hurt. I am glad you are not seriously injured. Get well soon OCR.

Heal soon ocr.she is a strong mc and could have been worse.waiting for your next trip.if this way let me know.

Beat up, but not totaled. Glad to see and hear that you'll both eventually be able to share future adventures. Any time your in north Georgia, I'd love to buy you a cold one. Heal up quick OCR!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

After going to the doctor this morning, I found out that my hand was also broke. I guess my whole body is so fat that no one ever noticed my hand was swollen. They have to wait about 2 weeks to get the swelling down some, and then they will operate on my hand. Just my luck, left shoulder dislocated, and right hand broke.

My wife made the mistake of not getting up early and going to the doctor with me. So, today was the first day in after 6 weeks that I was actually able to work on Nana Chou myself. Had to put towels everywhere around the bike. That way as I keep dropping everything, I could actually find most of the parts for a second, third, and fourth try.

I laid on by belly and got the skid plate off the bike. I really could not wait to see how the Hepco & Becker Skid Plate took the impact, as that was one of the first parts to hit the expansion joint. Pictures attached:

Before impact: 001.jpg

After impact: 002.jpg

You can see how the impact scraped almost 1/8" of metal away in two places. I believe had I not had on the Hepco & Becker Skid Plate I would have had some cracked engine housings. Have to say the Skid Plate did its job.

I also changed the oil and filter. I set the valves, and once again I should say I checked the valves. No adjustment needed.

After laying on the ground and crawling about for about 3 hours it came time to get back on my feet. Now this was a body gyration that even I would have paid to see that video. But, I knew better than to call the wife for help.

Now at last, the reconstruction of Nana Chou has begun!4.jpg

SmileyBlessed.jpg

00.jpg

Last edited:
Get your body and bike ready for next July so you can do this all over again!! Hehehe.
Na,next July will have a MUCH better outcome !!.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Definition of "OUTCOME" - a conclusion reached through a process of logical thinking.

No that can not be us. We just ride for the adventure, no logical thinking going on here!7.jpg

SmileyCrossEyeToung.jpg

00.jpg

Last edited:
Pushed Nana's start button for the first time sense July 3th, and bingo she fire right up. Won't be long before she is ready, willing, and able. Now I just got to get me able, and that won't be long either!9.jpg

SmileyFork&Spoon.jpg

00.jpg

Last edited:
Back