• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Adventures of Nana Chou - A Texas Butter Goes Alaskan

I don't do Facebook, but I did send a nice email to the dealership expressing my gratitude for their actions and admiration for their character.

Wow! what a adventure! Thanks you so much for taking the time to take us all with you! Not only that, you also restored my faith in humanity with your story of the folks who helped you. All is not lost in this world! :D Not yet!

One serious question, how did the drop occur? I read something about a big hole and I'm sure the conditions are bleak, but I'll really interested in how it all fell apart for you. Thanks.

I was actually back on pavement again. After coming though the slop I had just been though, I was over confident. Then back to the mud. I had just picked my speed up from 45 to 60, as I started onto one of the bridges, with wooden planking, the pipe truck in front of me hit the bridge, and there was a small piece of wooden blanking knocked out at the expansion joint. I hit this hole straight on. The impact popped my shoulder out of place, and I watched the plastic windshield explode and come apart. All I could think of was that I knew I was going down, as I had not strength to control the bike at this speed with the shoulder separation. No one is at fault but me........ I was just driving to fast for the haul road.5.jpg

SmileyFunnyFace.jpg

00.jpg

Last edited:
I was actually back on pavement again. After coming though the slop I had just been though, I was over confident. I had just picked my speed up from 45 to 60, as I started on to one of the bridges, with wooden planking, and there was a small piece of blanking missing at the expansion joint. I hit this hole straight on. The impact popped my shoulder out of place, and I watched the plastic instrument panel explode and come apart. All I could think of was that I knew I was going down, as I had not strength to control the bike at this speed with the shoulder separation. No one is at fault but me........ I was just driving too fast for the haul road.
Ouch. I know that moment when you realize the ground is coming. So your shoulder dislocated from the jarring of the bars when you hit the hole? Can't even imagine what kind of force that would take. Glad you're here to tell about it.

Last edited:
Glad to hear that the good folks in Alaska helped you get back on the road home with your bike. Sounds like quite the adventure.Take care of that shoulder, and I hope your back on two wheels soon.

I was actually back on pavement again. After coming though the slop I had just been though, I was over confident. I had just picked my speed up from 45 to 60, as I started on to one of the bridges, with wooden planking, and there was a small piece of blanking missing at the expansion joint. I hit this hole straight on. The impact popped my shoulder out of place, and I watched the plastic instrument panel explode and come apart. All I could think of was that I knew I was going down, as I had not strength to control the bike at this speed with the shoulder separation. No one is at fault but me........ I was just driving to fast for the haul road.

Thank you for the honesty, it's a good lesson for all of us. I'm really glad to know you're going to be ok and can't wait to read you new adventures :)

Well I don't know about the rest of you, but I have something to shoot for now... riding like OCR does at his age.... I want to be like OCR when I grow up!

smileyapplause.jpg

OCR, Your in inspiration! I am humbled by your attitude look forward to the day I get to meet you. As I leave for my adventure to Nova Scotia, I will be reminded of your adventure and try to enjoy myself.

Dear OCR
Sir you are trully an inspiration, and makes me happy knowing you are well and that there are a lot of good people around the world ready to help stranger in need.
I never had undergone such a massive drive .... heck, only recently I had my first group ride. Reading about your adventures makes me more certain I should try something similar.
to be fully fair, there is a number of you, Forum Team who are doing well on these travels, evoking urge to travel with rest of us, like Northwestrider, Netizen, UK crew .... wel quite a lot actually, when i think better I'm in minority here :)
stay safe 4ever!

The condition of being safe - "freedom from danger"

Life is here now for a short time - Be happy - Ride the Adventure!6.jpg

SmileyBigeEyesTongue.jpg

00.jpg

Last edited:
OK, just electronically chatted with the dealership and Thanked them for their outstanding service. Mentioned Louvenia and the other two gents (no names given) and commanded them on above and beyond effort for my friend!
That is very refreshing this day and age...

OCR - thanks for the update. Glad you are on road to recovery.

Your experience is similar to a friend of mine, his son's actually. My friend's youngest son recently married and he and his young bride moved to Alaska somewhere on the Kenai peninsula. He transferred from his WalMart job down on Jonesboro to the one up there. He had a place to stay for a day or two when he arrived. He went looking for a place but all the places wanted a year's lease at least. He was in a grocery or hardware store getting something and asked the young lady who was running the register if she knew of any place to rent that wasn't asking for a year lease or more. She replied she thpught her mom had a place or two. Long story short Mom had two A frame style hunting cabins with awesome wrap around decks. She let my friend's son stay in them for free for as long as he wants. Great people in our 49th state!

January 3, 1959 - I can still remember my father coming home dressed in his navy whites that day and telling us that Alaska was now a state and that it was bigger than Texas. I went to the garage, pulled my bike out, and went for a ride to think about this. Came home after the ride, and told my father this was a good thing, because now I would get to ride there!0.jpg

SmileyHello.jpg

00.jpg

Last edited:
So weird,we stayed at the motel 8,ate at the Denny's and my friend found your bike off the road and thought it was me until he saw the Texas plates !!.Glad to hear your alright!!.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back