• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

A Personal milestone

Rocker66

Site Supporter
Reaction score
www.kawasakiw650.co.uk
Today is a bit of a personal milestone for me as 50 years ago today on my 16th birthday I took my first offical motorcycle ride that being the legal minium age. Little did I think then that 50 years & 75 bikes later I would still be at it. In those days bikes were very much a young persons thing and anyone over 30 was thought of as an old rider and anyway what 16 year old can envisage being 66 :).
I appreciate that there are many out there that have been riding a lot longer and have owned more bikes but the thought of 50 years of never being without a bike (or having a car) just makes me feel goodso I just wanted to share my feelings

Congrats Rocker! i'm doing good to keep up with the year that i did things...let alone the day! you da man! lol

Last edited:
I remember when I wes 35 I knew an old man of 50 who had a motorcycle. Dumest thing I ever herd of! Now I'm the same age that you are 66 and 50 isn't so old any more. Come to think of it 66 seems young now. Wonder what changed?
MLH

Glad to know there are some other older (???) riders out there. I'll be 65 this year and just got back into riding. Haven't been at it for 50 years like Rocker. Congratulations, by the way. I began riding at 14 until I was 25. Then got away as we raised and educated the kids. Then got the "bug" last summer, so got my endorsement and started again. The more I ride now, the more I wish I hadn't taken all those years off.

Happy birthday sir!

I could do without a car, but not a truck. Still... wow. That's an impressive accomplishment.

Congrats!

Of those 75 bikes owned which one do you wish you still had?
Mike
That is a hard one. There are bikes I remember as good bikes for their time and others that I remember with fondness because of the great times I had on them. One of my all time favourites was my R90/S which I had resprayed green another was my XS2 on which I had some great times. There are several others that I could include. Of the 75 the only one I regret buying was the XS750 which although bought new was a heap of rubbish

Happy birthday, Rocker, and congratulations on that incredible accomplishment. You've lived a life that many of us can barely comprehend.

And another happy birthday,

What a group of old *****, I'll be turning 67 in June. Got my first motorcycle at 15, and had my brother ride it home as didn't have a license yet. A 1952 BSA 500 single. To this day not sure how I kept it running in the year or so that I owned it. Anyway have a great day.

Art

Yes it's my Birthday but I'm still typing this at work on the night shift
Thank you

Happy Birthday Rocker66. Now I know that you chose your user name in anticipation of this day :) My experience is different to yours as I bought my first bike, the NC, last October just before my 52 birthday. Sometimes I feel I've missed out on a life time of happy biking, but then I realise that it's better to be late then never!
Here's to many more years on two wheels

Back