• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

A new source for Handguards........:)

If you look at your handlebars (on the DCT model anyway) the mounting height for your mirrors is slightly different on each side.
This arrangement is very common on a lot of bikes. That is why I use a spacer, when needed, to have the mirrors mounted at equal heights. I guess I just fussy?

Ok, I've got the Aprilia hand guards but it took a while to get them. I waited a couple of weeks after ordering them and they didn't come. I called the company and they said something about a new computer system and that they would ship them. They shipped the next day. I got them about a week and a half ago but I hadn't been able to test them out. By the time they got to me I've become enmeshed in a kitchen remodel and the weather has warmed up enough that I'm not really needing them for the commute as much.

They seem like they will work fine if you have a DCT NC700X. If you have a manual NC700X they get caught up in the clutch and cable. I think this was mentioned in at least one of the early messages but in my rush to get some wind and cold protection for the commute I may skipped over that. As I have a manual NC700X they won't work for me. I'll probably put these up for sale.

They seem like they will work fine if you have a DCT NC700X. If you have a manual NC700X they get caught up in the clutch and cable. I think this was mentioned in at least one of the early messages but in my rush to get some wind and cold protection for the commute I may skipped over that. As I have a manual NC700X they won't work for me. I'll probably put these up for sale.
Hey,
Thanks for the update on the hand guards. I have the manual NC also. Sorry to hear they won't work with our bikes.
How's the kitchen remodel coming along?
Take care.

Yep, I apologise for any misinformation that came about from my original first post.
The only thing I can say in my defence is that in my first post I stated my search for handguards for an NC700S DCT. I'm am surprised that they can't fit the manual version though...:( I think in future I don't think I'll be making any further recommendations after this error..
Both the 2 NC machines I've owned were both Dct models.

Yep, I apologise for any misinformation that came about from my original first post.
The only thing I can say in my defence is that in my first post I stated my search for handguards for an NC700S DCT. I'm am surprised that they can't fit the manual version though...:( I think in future I don't think I'll be making any further recommendations after this error..
We're all human, and not immune from making a mistake from time to time!:rolleyes:
I wouldn't let a slight over sight stop me from making recommendations. Some of the members posting on this Forum are only occasionally correct!:p
Hang in there wozza!:eek:

Honestly who'd have known until someone tried? I don't think anyone knew whether they would fit on the X. Someone had to be the guinea pig.

No worries. I'm disappointed that they don't fit but it's in no way your fault.

I don't need them so urgently now so I'll probably hold off until August or September and look around to see what's available then. Maybe the Acerbis ones?

How's the kitchen remodel coming along?
Take care.

Slower than planned. Found some other damage that needed to be looked after while things were opened up. However, it's about to go from infrastructure work to finish work this week (flooring to go down tomorrow). Should be done early next week. It's meant instant coffee and lots of microwaved meals (we pre-made a bunch of stuff before the old kitchen was ripped out). It's been a bit hectic and a lot of decisions to be made but it should be worth it. The old kitchen was a 35+ year old one that we had updated ourselves when we moved in 12 years ago.

Slower than planned. Found some other damage that needed to be looked after while things were opened up. However, it's about to go from infrastructure work to finish work this week (flooring to go down tomorrow). Should be done early next week. It's meant instant coffee and lots of microwaved meals (we pre-made a bunch of stuff before the old kitchen was ripped out). It's been a bit hectic and a lot of decisions to be made but it should be worth it. The old kitchen was a 35+ year old one that we had updated ourselves when we moved in 12 years ago.

Isn't it nice having a modern kitchen? I did the same on my first house that had dark wood, particle board cabinets from 1980 in it. Lived out of the bathroom with coffee maker and microwave on the counter for a couple weeks. I also had baricades up to keep my infant son out of the construction zone.

I have the dct NC700 and might want the handguards if you sell them - let me know. The OEM heated grips work great, but handguards really improve the performance of any heated grip.

Here it is !!! :) ace hardware parts need rubber washer and rubber spacers .... And the handguards dont flop or move the rubber washer and spacer holds them in place.... Total instalation time 30 minutes …

photo 1.jpg

photo 2.jpg

photo 2.jpgphoto 3.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 310
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    95.8 KB · Views: 295
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    90.8 KB · Views: 298
Last edited:
How do the Aprilia hand guards work? Do they so a decent job blocking the wind? Do they hit your windshield when you turn the bars from lock to lock?
Are you happy with them?

So far so good they do not touch OEM large windshield 1/4 to spare on both sides .... They look great stylish and yes they do the job, it seemed at first that they are not big enough but they work great no complains so far....

So far so good they do not touch OEM large windshield 1/4 to spare on both sides .... They look great stylish and yes they do the job, it seemed at first that they are not big enough but they work great no complains so far....

I can't thank you enough for posting the pictures. At one point I was seriously wishing I'd never started this thread as I was starting to think I had misled people about these guards fitting our machines.
You have made me feel so much better and that I was justified in starting this thread.
Thank you Sir! :)

Can I ask you what sort of rubber washers you used and where you placed them. This will help me getting the fitting right on my bike... Many thanks...:)

Last edited:
Hey, do not mind the covers into the hands of the windscreen? bumping into each other? when fully curled, driving in extreme position?

You can make photo in an extreme position control

thank you Tom

Hey, do not mind the covers into the hands of the windscreen? bumping into each other? when fully curled, driving in extreme position?
You can make photo in an extreme position control
thank you Tom
No inderstanda the CZECHA talk. Nice photos of sailing craft? What does this have to do with Aprilia hand guards? Check back later!

Back