• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

A new source for Handguards........:)

here is a reasonably price guard but why the holes??

$(KGrHqJ,!gwFCfZRN7o8BQ7+3JMlB!~~60_12.JPG

LED Hand guards Integrated Indicators Suitable For Honda Interceptor ABS / NC700 | eBay

nice guards! if they are little tiny bit smarter-they should put a little let call them sliding doors(?) so the rider can open and close those holes and control the air flow

This kit is obviously only for a bit of wind protection and style. This will suit me fine as I have no intention of getting heated grips for my bike.

Handguards actually make the heated grips much more effective. I haven't installed handguards on the NC700 yet, but have had them on my FJR1300 for many years. Initially I just had heated grips on the FJR, but the hands would still get cold due to the wind blast on the outside of the gloves. I added handguards from a 2004 Suzuki Vstrom to my FJR and it made a big difference in hand warmth. They are of similar construction to the Aprilia ones, but appear to be taller for better wind protection. And I also added an additional sheetmetal angle to the bottom on the guards for better fingertip wind protection. A little obsessive maybe, but I do ride in very cold temps (25 degrees on the commute this morning and they are forecasting 12 degrees later this week).

Install instructions and pictures for Vstrom handguards on a FJR are here:
FJRTech.com - Dedicated to the FJR1300 Enthusiast!
I did hold them up to the NC, but they won't work due to the NC's shorter grips. :(

Heated grips are awesome and I find I use them year round. Get in some rain with wet gloves and they are great. Equal to 10F to 20F outside temperature increase with no other gear changes.

I'll second that Wozza.these USA guys just don't know how lucky they are.
hence that is why I buy a lot of my stuffs from here it cost twice as much.
rear brackets I can get from USA @£0.97p ea here they cost me £2.36p.
getting from USA inc custom fees etc and still much cheaper than here.

We may have cheaper accessories, but you guys on the other side of the pond have a much better selection of bikes to choose from. Makes me sad some days :'(

Sent from a Speak & Spell wired to a record player, a saw blade, a fork, and an umbrella.

After doing a search for handguards for the NC700S DCT, I came across a Spanish blog in which the person had fitted hand guards from a Aprilia Dorsorduro 750 to his NC700S DCT. After looking at the below picture taken from his blog. I thought these handguards looked ace.

Dorsorduro750handguards_zpsea8adb53.jpg

So I searched for these handguards and I came across this USA site AF1 racing who supply Aprilia spares. They do a complete kit for these handguards at $109 which is really cheap.... (to European eyes anyway).
They are an easy fit so I've ordered the Handguard and the bush which fits onto the end of the handleweight from a dealer in England.
AF1 Racing : Aprilia Parts and Accessories: OEM Aprilia Shiver / Dorsoduro Handguard Kit -

The below is a schematic showing how the parts would fit together. As I've mentioned I've only ordered the Handguards and the bush no16 in the picture. These handguards will easily fit DCT models....:) I will mention that the handguard is a perfect fit for the NC, it's almost as if they were designed to fit our bikes from the outset - which is excellent..

3839-image-3529_zpsba0a17b0.jpg

I am interested in these hand guards but have one question. Does the kit come with the bush part you indicated or is that ordered separately.

Thanks,
Jason...

I've since found out the kit can be ordered from a place in Canada for around $45. I'll post the link later.
You do not need the Aprilia bar end weights just leave the Honda ones on your bike. All you really need besides the guards are the small alloy bush that slots into the end of each guard and possibly the spacers which go the mirror side of the guard.

I've since found out the kit can be ordered from a place in Canada for around $45. I'll post the link later.
You do not need the Aprilia bar end weights just leave the Honda ones on your bike. All you really need besides the guards are the small alloy bush that slots into the end of each guard and possibly the spacers which go the mirror side of the guard.

Bonus. I'm in Canada. I did do a search but couldn't find anywhere. If you can provide the link, that would be great.
J...

Anyone have the Aprilia hand-guards on their bike?
I would like to know the height of the hand-guards.
And do they offer much protection?
In the photo and diagrams they do not look very tall?

I ordered from that site last night. I did a search this evening and I find it in the US for the $10 less and with shipping being about half the price. For those in the US the price is about $20-25 cheaper. This is just the first of the sites in my search that seemed to be carrying them - too late for me though.

Handguard Kit from Aprilia Accessories Collection

I ordered from that site last night. I did a search this evening and I find it in the US for the $10 less and with shipping being about half the price. For those in the US the price is about $20-25 cheaper. This is just the first of the sites in my search that seemed to be carrying them - too late for me though.

Handguard Kit from Aprilia Accessories Collection
Good find!

Anyone have the Aprilia hand-guards on their bike?
I would like to know the height of the hand-guards.
And do they offer much protection?
In the photo and diagrams they do not look very tall?

There's a few people who have ordered them both here and the UK Forum. But as it's a new source and people have only just started ordering them, I would give it another couple of weeks before you'll start seeing a few pictures being posted on here.

Last edited:
Back