• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

A little over 300 miles and my bike is already broken!!??!!??

Good point! Anyone know of a contact number or suggestion forum to Honda?

I think in the auto world it's the dealers that communicate to the manufacturer by passing on warranty claims and customer complaints. For safety concerns US customers can report directly to the NHTSA.

Make sure you mention it at your next service.

Also make sure they don't charge you labor for looking at it. ;)

Any time my bike's kickstand isn't touching the ground, I have a leg on both sides of it. If it needs to me moved a few feet, I straddle it and move it. I just don't feel safe standing in one side and doing it.

Over here, I see lots of guys stand the bike up, raise the kickstand, then throw a leg over. When dismounting, they get off first, then put the kickstand down. I can't understand doing it that way.

Highly recommend the graphite lube, even if your not having problems with it now, because you will, its coming... Graphite in all the locks, works wonders.

Good suggestion... I will do this tomorrow!
In the past I put a little oil in there.... Was that a bad thing to do? (Might it just cause dirt to stick to it and make things worse?)

Customer Service Information

If you wish to comment on your experiences with your Honda product or with your Dealer, please send your comments to the following address (U.S. only):

Motorcycle Division

American Honda Motor Co., Inc.

P.O. Box 2200

Torrance, CA 90509-2200

Mail stop: 100-4C-7B

Telephone: (866) 784-1870

Ask for customer service.

A friend of mine had a Yammerwho (Yamaha R6) , and was always always bragging about how much better yammi's engineering was over all other bikes,

Then one day while we were riding he was on his new yammi R6, i was on a near new Honda 750,

I went very slowly walked with my bike up and over a curb, as a short cut, no problem, but my friend and his Superior engineered Yammiwho ended up going up the curb but when coming down the other side, he went over and it was like seeing the bike totally disintegrate in front of you, he was on the bike walking it, very slowly, we were both amazed that when it went over it did a lot of damage, so much so that they totaled the bike as most of the plastic was damaged and some of the alum. was also damaged.

So I am glad nothing like that happened to your bike

My local locksmith of 30 years says graphite will gum up over the long term, and he does not recommend it. Works well initially and is better than WD-40, but will cause problems possibly later on. He uses something called Tri-flow. If your lock/key is having difficulty, get it serviced under warranty. I see no problem at all with my key which is tougher than other brands I've had, and my lock is perfectly fine as well. My dealership has not had any blatant problems with any new locks either, so something is up with you guys or you have some difficult environment/circumstances. My 30 year old Shadow still has zero problems.

I googled tri-flow - it's a range of bicycle lubes. They do have a dry lube which might be what he's talking about It's ptfe based, which is one of the recommended lock lubes as an alternative to graphite.

When I first started looking at the NC last autumn there were lots of complaints about the seat and the poor ignition lock and weak key. After having my bike for a couple of months I was walking out to it thinking to myself that the seat's not so bad and I've never had a problem with the lock. Then the lock jammed.

There were lots of complaints in Europe about the very weak keys because they cost a lot over here as they have the transponder for the HISS built in and have to be programmed to the bike. Break one and you're out about $60 from what I remember - although somebody suggested just getting a plain new key cut and fastening the black plastic part of the old key to the new one to save on the cost.

Perfect timing... another key issue just today. I had a problem with the frunk lock... It just would not open (rear seat either) the whole thing was moving around.
I went and got some graphite lube, put a little in there and it started to work. But boy that was not a nice experience. Not being able to get my helmet or fuel up could be a major problem, and I suppose I will live in fear of it now forever.

Had trouble with my ignition yesterday also. Alittle lube fixed everything. Maybe we need to lubricate our locks more often? If some graphite fixed it then it isn't being lubed enough. Maybe some white lithium grease would last longer?

Last edited:
Heard from the dealer. Honda will pay for the damage and any labor. However, waiting for parts and I MIGHT get her back Saturday. :( I caught myself on my bicycle earlier going vroom vroom.

D

Had trouble with my ignition yesterday also. Alittle lube fixed everything. Maybe we need to lubricate our locks more often? If some graphite fixed it then it isn't being lubed enough. Maybe some white lithium grease would last longer?

the ignition looks exactly like ignition on my previous 2007 CBR. i bought the CBR from impound lot,where it was stored under the sun,next to the ocean for almost 2 years. everything worked just fine for me for next 2 years after the purchase(including the ignition\lock).

That is the trouble with a new design, parts are harder to come by. It will get better with time. Of course all good wines get better with time.

Heard from the dealer. Honda will pay for the damage and any labor. However, waiting for parts and I MIGHT get her back Saturday. :( I caught myself on my bicycle earlier going vroom vroom.

D

Good to hear they are covering it.... as far as the vroom vroom goes... well... hang in there.. it'll be OK :D

That is the trouble with a new design, parts are harder to come by. It will get better with time. Of course all good wines get better with time.

Save your NCX guys. It is highly probable that Honda may discontinue this model since they have others (500s, CTX) coming out.
Although I love this bike, it is really an inbetweener and I suspect she will be discontinued.

Back