• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

A different trip meter problem. Won't reset.

maxwellian

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
So my trip meters won't reset. "A" button and "B" button both seem to work for momentary presses. When I hold down A, it either does nothing, or puts me in setting mode, as though I had held down A and B.

Anybody had this issue? Anyone know if I can get in to clean the switch contacts?

The right button resets the trip. Don't have manual in front of me but assume A is on left and B on right so it is B that does reset. Then again the Japanese drive on wrong side of the road so maybe B is on the left?

Our FAQ thread, post number 3 has links to threads that might help you.

There's no reason to hold down Button A (left) to reset the trip. The trip is reset with Button B (right).

Oh yeah, it is the B (right) button. But the B button was just getting me into setting the clock instead of resetting. and A was sometimes doing the same.

So, I found the rubber button covers are not glued, they are a plug in a hole that pushes a membrane (or covered) switch at the bottom. I pulled the plugs and pushed the B button with a pen, that worked. So I think the buttons were just sticking down. I put some silicone lube on the rubber plugs, so far so good.

Oh yeah, it is the B (right) button. But the B button was just getting me into setting the clock instead of resetting. and A was sometimes doing the same.

So, I found the rubber button covers are not glued, they are a plug in a hole that pushes a membrane (or covered) switch at the bottom. I pulled the plugs and pushed the B button with a pen, that worked. So I think the buttons were just sticking down. I put some silicone lube on the rubber plugs, so far so good.
Good find and thanks for sharing.

Our FAQ thread, post number 3 has links to threads that might help you.

There's no reason to hold down Button A (left) to reset the trip. The trip is reset with Button B (right).
What he said! B is for reset, clearing. When in doubt push one at a time.

Back