• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

60/40 Tire choice for the NC

Double checked and MT-60 are tubeless, giving us an option...Northwestrider, did you try both TKC front and rear ? I like theses tires, make the NC look so agressive !:mad:

I did not try the rear TKC because it was close in price to K60 and I knew I could get atleast 10,000 miles out of the K60 and most people get around 5,000 out of a TKC rear.
For the WABDR in July I'm gonna try a NEW compound Kenda Big Block rear,there around $130 and if I can get atleast 3,000 miles out of it that would be great.I have heard that the MT-60. ( which is used for supermoto. ) is VERY soft !!.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Last edited:
Double checked and MT-60 are tubeless, giving us an option...Northwestrider, did you try both TKC front and rear ? I like theses tires, make the NC look so agressive !:mad:
I think Beemerphile gave those a spin:p I don't think they lasted long enough for him to get of his driveway though. Its posted here somewhere...

Here it is..
Z8's dead in 5,500 miles. Pirelli MT-60's dead in 1,800 miles. Michelin PR3's... don't know yet. I am hard on tires, but these numbers, so far, are worse than I am accustomed to.

http://nc700-forum.com/forum/tire-tech-talk/4140-various-tire-brands-length-life.html

As long as I can remember nothing sticks to the road on a motorcycle better than a Pirelli. But you are giving up some mileage with the softer rubber. I like the Pirelli tires!

Pretty sure a set of mt60's are going to be my next set of tires.

Beemerphile: have you by chance swapped to them yet?

I love that tire but for the $$ they cost and the short life span that a lot of people get with them I can't justify buying them .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I remember the MT60s came out with the first KTM Duke more than 15 years ago designed for that first plated SuperMoto bike. Local journalists said they were impressive for that 70 kg lighter bike back then but fell behind similar tyres later on for aggressive such bike use. They were pretty soft wearing quickly. I guess that the NC's weight won't be kind to them and on a hot day they will tend to drift prematurely albeit controllably. Just guessing though form what I have read over the years since I have never ridden a bike with them.

Pretty sure a set of mt60's are going to be my next set of tires.

Beemerphile: have you by chance swapped to them yet?

Z8's dead in 5,500 miles. Pirelli MT-60's dead in 1,800 miles. Michelin PR3's... don't know yet. I am hard on tires, but these numbers, so far, are worse than I am accustomed to.

I hate changing tires at 10,000 miles. No way I would run a 1,800 mile tire without a spare set of rims. ymmv

Anyone have any advice for a set of slightly more dirt worthy tires than the dunlop trailmaxes that come on the 2014s? At 2k miles my rear is well past half dead.

If I ever find another set of rims. I will follow Nortwestriders lead. He seams to have a great setup.

Now with the CB500 out we have 4x the chances of finding spare wheels. !!.

This is one thing that caught my eye, and puzzles me greatly.

Looking at the CB500F/R/X wheels, they are close to the NC700S/X but not exact. It makes no sense to me. They are so similar as to pass for identical from a few feet away, but when you look closer, they are quite different. You'd think Honda could have saved a whole whack of money by making them all the same, but they changed them.

The widths and diametres are the same, the spoke pattern is the same, but the cross section of the 500's is solid and rectangular, whereas the 700's are kind of D shaped, with indentations on one side.

I don't know if the width at the centre bearings is the same, nor the exact same for the disc mounting width/patterns or the axle sizes. This is something HBP should be able to tell us pretty easily I would imagine.

It would be great if the wheels did swap back and forth between 500/700/750's! I would love another set to mount street tires on for non-off road stuff.:D

NC700X wheel:
NC700X wheel.jpg

CB500X wheel:
CB500X wheel.jpg

Last edited:
Guy over on ADVrider with a NC that has a brand new rear K60 , never mounted for $125. !!.
So. tempting... must not buy tires I don't need yet when I have a tire protection plan...

The k60/tkc combo really last 12k miles?! on knobbies?!
are they insanely loud/wobbly/unpleasant at 70+ on a slab? Cuz I commute on my bike every day, and ride slab and dirt on my free days...

So. tempting... must not buy tires I don't need yet when I have a tire protection plan...

The k60/tkc combo really last 12k miles?! on knobbies?!
are they insanely loud/wobbly/unpleasant at 70+ on a slab? Cuz I commute on my bike every day, and ride slab and dirt on my free days...

I will take a pic later today and show you my front and rear tires ,they are at 11,8?? Miles.

Back