• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

2nd choice gravel setup ??

Bullseye

Reaction score
Visit site
I am due for a new set of tires on the NC700x this winter. I presently run a TKC80 front/K60Scout rear and really like it. I am really kicking around trying something else. ...... like maybe Shinko 705's. I do enjoy gravel travel and don't want to sacrifice dirt riding. If you didn't run my present setup (I know a lot of you do) ...what would you put on ???

I really would like a quiter tire on the front !! LOL

The 705 is a great tire. Quieter than the TKC80. On the other hand it isn't as aggressive so you do give up some in the dirt and forget mud. Tires are generally a compromise so you have to decide where you want to make the compromise. On the plus side the 705s are fairly inexpensive so if you decide you don't like them your not losing a lot if you take them off early.

I have about 150 miles on a set of Shinko 705's. Like them so far. Haven't had time for gravel test yet but soon enough. They seem to be a little more aggressive than an 80/20. Go for it they are the least expensive I've seen so far. Quality seems good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

+1 for what bamamate said.
I have 1000 miles on the Shinkos and so far I really like them.

Back