• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

2022 NT1100

Interesting unplanned NT1100 test!

Noted: the tester emphasizes seat comfort.
This is almost shocking to me in 2022. Years ago makers decided the place to save money is the seat. Make them disposable, thin & narrow for short riders & everyone else will buy aftermarket seats. Honda might start a new trend. Comfortable stock seat. Sounds goofy but I'm serious. Twice I've been through the seat journey. Better seat means lowering kit, new center stand, side stand & a few garage-made part$ to fit it on. Anyway this made my day: "More importantly, the NT has one of motorcycling’s most comfortable stock seats...." The NT’s seat is wide, flat, and well-shaped. If for no other reason, Honda should bring the NT to Canada just because of its seat."

This is almost shocking to me in 2022. Years ago makers decided the place to save money is the seat. Make them disposable, thin & narrow for short riders & everyone else will buy aftermarket seats. Honda might start a new trend. Comfortable stock seat. Sounds goofy but I'm serious. Twice I've been through the seat journey. Better seat means lowering kit, new center stand, side stand & a few garage-made part$ to fit it on. Anyway this made my day: "More importantly, the NT has one of motorcycling’s most comfortable stock seats...." The NT’s seat is wide, flat, and well-shaped. If for no other reason, Honda should bring the NT to Canada just because of its seat."
Don’t be too shocked. If I read the article correctly, the tester had the bike for a few hours one afternoon. Seat comfort is subjective. What seat works great for one rider may be awful for another. Wait until you personally try the NT on a long trip before passing judgement on it’s stock seat.

Testers were high on the 2021 NC 750 seat as well, but owners not so much.

same with the suspension which is probably the worst stock suspension I have ever ridden on. Not bad if the road is glass smooth, but any imperfections in pavement jar the rider.

to quote 1 tester

" On the rougher back roads we test on, the suspension refused to lose its composure—impressive. The Showa Dual Bending Valve fork is plush early and firms up as it goes, while the linkage for the spring-preload adjustable shock is quite versatile. "

Last edited:
Testers were high on the 2021 NC 750 seat as well, but owners not so much.

same with the suspension which is probably the worst stock suspension I have ever ridden on. Not bad if the road is glass smooth, but any imperfections in pavement jar the rider.

to quote 1 tester

" On the rougher back roads we test on, the suspension refused to lose its composure—impressive. The Showa Dual Bending Valve fork is plush early and firms up as it goes, while the linkage for the spring-preload adjustable shock is quite versatile. The Showa Dual Bending Valve fork is plush early and firms up as it goes, while the linkage for the spring-preload adjustable shock is quite versatile. "
Paid testers probably chose their words carefully and offer glowing positive comments at times to help keep their jobs and the support of the manufacturers who supply the motorcycles.

In my opinion, the only motorcycle model reviews that have merit are those written by current or former owners of that particular model. That means they voted for that model with their wallet, have a serious interest in it, and have spent considerable time with the machine.

Paid testers probably chose their words carefully and offer glowing positive comments at times to help keep their jobs and the support of the manufacturers who supply the motorcycles.

In my opinion, the only motorcycle model reviews that have merit are those written by current or former owners of that particular model. That means they voted for that model with their wallet, have a serious interest in it, and have spent considerable time with the machine.
I agree. Want to find out about a particular motorcycle you are interested in? Visit that model's Owner's Forums for the real scoop.

According to 1 tester I have talked to, the average "road test" is about 110 miles and a couple of hours long with an expensive lunch thrown in mid day" So they ride 50-60 miles, eat lunch, take some "curvy action pics" on one nice section of road going back and forth, ride another 50-60 miles or so and call it a day, with a manufacturer's briefing on the bike before an expensive dinner back at the hotel before an evening of drinks and bs.

Last edited:

The Japanese are geniuses at motors, transmissions, electrics, frames and fit and finish. Some things they have never figured out are seats, horns, suspensions, and windshields.

The Japanese are geniuses at motors, transmissions, electrics, frames and fit and finish. Some things they have never figured out are seats, horns, suspensions, and windshields.
The Japanese have perhaps figured out that an inexpensive, stylish seat, albeit uncomfortable, will still sell the motorcycle. Those of us owners that were told ahead of time that the NC seat might not be comfortable still purchased the NC anyway.

Another way Japanese motorcycle manufacturers may look at it is that no seat will please all customers all the time, so why put any expense into it trying.

It looks like a nice bike, but not for me. I just traded in my 2018 Goldwing Non-Tour DCT in for my 2022 NC750X and loving the NC. Couple of years ago I traded in my Africa Twin DCT for the Goldwing. All great bikes, but for my style of riding, the NC is the perfect bike and the most fun to ride. Well, it will be when I get a few more updates. Have already put on a Givi windscreen, SW-Motech foot pegs and Oxford Heated Grips. Later this week I will be installing SW-Motech bar back risers. Have Shad top case rack on order (already own the SH58X top case). So the one thing I still need to do is change the seat. Haven't figured out which seat to go with yet but it's a must do. The NT1100 looks like a fine bike. I'd much prefer the shaft drive on the Goldwing vs the chain.
I have looked at it online. When does it hit the US.

So who is thinking about the new NT1100 as their next purchase besides me?
I am growing skeptical that the NT will ever come, especially because getting a new bike approved for the street is so expensive. I hope Honda sees the light and decides to do some meaningful tweaks to the NC750X DCT. Adding to the 2022 model I could see an emphasis on a slightly longer front fender, better rider foot pegs, a 12v socket in the trunk, a 12v socket outside, a 12v service drop to facilitate GPS connection, heated handgrips, a taller windshield, a 4.7 gallon fuel capacity, throttle by wire and cruise control, and a reworked rider seat to eliminate downslope and enhance the comfort, plus a center stand as standard delivered equipment. There are probably more, but these would make my list of basics that could be added at the factory and spare the consumer a lot of costly and time consuming additions. I would like to see an NT and give it a test ride, but that day may never come here in California. Better luck just getting a proven quantity adjusted and on the market. I realize that some of the things I mentioned above may have already come about but I am dealing from a standpoint of my own 2018 model which has already had those things added.

I am growing skeptical that the NT will ever come, especially because getting a new bike approved for the street is so expensive. I hope Honda sees the light and decides to do some meaningful tweaks to the NC750X DCT. Adding to the 2022 model I could see an emphasis on a slightly longer front fender, better rider foot pegs, a 12v socket in the trunk, a 12v socket outside, a 12v service drop to facilitate GPS connection, heated handgrips, a taller windshield, a 4.7 gallon fuel capacity, throttle by wire and cruise control, and a reworked rider seat to eliminate downslope and enhance the comfort, plus a center stand as standard delivered equipment. There are probably more, but these would make my list of basics that could be added at the factory and spare the consumer a lot of costly and time consuming additions. I would like to see an NT and give it a test ride, but that day may never come here in California. Better luck just getting a proven quantity adjusted and on the market. I realize that some of the things I mentioned above may have already come about but I am dealing from a standpoint of my own 2018 model which has already had those things added.

You could always swap for a nice current V Strom. I tried the NT, and when done I promptly got on my 2016 Strom and rode home feeling that as a basic bike I had the better deal. However technology wise the NT would have my model Strom beaten. Probably too much so, as imho there is an excess of tech on the NT. However even a well fettled NC will never be in the same league as either of them.

The NC is unchanged for 2023. It should get some kind of refresh this time next year. I can't see it being changed too much though. The NT, the new Hornet and maybe the yet to be confirmed Transalp are taking the development money. I am just grateful we are seeing any new ICE bikes.
The big four are being very tardy in embracing electric or some reason.

I can live with my 2022 as is. I've added the center stand, Oxford Grips, Givi windscreen and have a new Laam seat in the works. If I had to pick a couple of things that might motivate me to trade in, a shaft drive and an LED display. Living without either though and very happy with what I have...

So who is thinking about the new NT1100 as their next purchase besides me?
I am thinking about it but it remains a ghost bike here in the USA. I have a feeling that we may never see it. I was in Europe in July and August 2022 and I saw a few on the road. Very enticing. I have a 2018 NC DCT and I just sold a 2018 Africa Twin DCT base model with slightly over 16,000 miles on it. The Africa Twin was a truly great bike but it was big and slightly topheavy compared to the old man friendly NC. I wish that Honda would trim out the NC with a few basic improvements and just charge a little more rather than having to get those installed aftermarket. I do hear that the seat on the 2022 models are an improvement over the torture seats on the earlier versions, and I think the NC 750x DCT is the best bike I have owned and I think it would behoove Honda just to do some tweaks to make it even better. Having some of the stuff built in from the factory would be an improvement. I have a list of those things but I have said it before elsewhere on this forum, so I won't enumerate them now.

I would love to have one, just hope we get a good color lol
Me too. On paper it is nearly a perfect machine for me. The owners on the NT1100 forum are in love with this bike for the most part. Engine braking, though adjustable, seems to be the biggest gripe; too much or too little. Perhaps related to engine braking is the lack of perceived smoothnesss in the DCT gearbox compared to other DCTs. The other complaint is a snatchy throttle, which is what I and other VFR owners found on our bikes. Comfort and performance seem to be agreed as very good. Fuel economy is being reported as 60 70 in mixed conditions. All that said, I'm really growing to love my Xmax 300; the scooter form factor really. I'm waiting for a BMW C400GT to arrive at Gulf Coast BMW to test ride. Sorry for the last off topic diversion.

I would love to have one, just hope we get a good color lol
On a Honda motorcycle, you’ll get pretty much any color you want as long as it’s black, grey, or red.

Back