• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

2015 Yamaha FZ-07 vs 2014 Honda NC700X

It might be because I'm likely a bit younger than some folks here but I have to say I'm seriously considering jumping to the FZ. I really like my NC but I'm pretty much already maxed out on the sporting "fun" it can provide and will say there are many times when I wish it had a bit more pep. I'm not talking liter bike speed here but let's face it the NC is fairly slow, I would also appreciate some more room in the upper rev range for cruising closer to 80+.

I don't think the fz will be practical enough for me but I would be willing to lose the frunk for a more capable power plant in an adventure type setup. If the price is around $7500 and it makes it to the US I will likely be jumping ship.

Rode the FZ-07 (and an FZ-09) at a demo ride a few weeks ago, was not impressed. Both great bike with the 09 having the best motor in motorcycling today wrapped in a complete crap chassis and the 07 was only slightly more refined feeling but the motor was pretty weak surprising.

The top end on the Yamaha 07 was great but otherwise not really any "better" than the NC. Buying new I'd probably pick the yamaha, but used is no comparison.

Mike

It might be because I'm likely a bit younger than some folks here but I have to say I'm seriously considering jumping to the FZ. I really like my NC but I'm pretty much already maxed out on the sporting "fun" it can provide and will say there are many times when I wish it had a bit more pep. I'm not talking liter bike speed here but let's face it the NC is fairly slow, I would also appreciate some more room in the upper rev range for cruising closer to 80+.

I don't think the fz will be practical enough for me but I would be willing to lose the frunk for a more capable power plant in an adventure type setup. If the price is around $7500 and it makes it to the US I will likely be jumping ship.

the FZ is in the US . and yes you can buy for about $7500 , that is what mi brother paid

and yes the FZ does feel a lot more powerful the NC. i have both in the garage. is not better, again two different bike.

the FZ wheelies too!

here is a video.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H88EvHveaj0

no, that is not me...... never do this stupid shit in public road

I know what you mean. Just to be clear for others looking in at this rather convoluted scenario, OP in this instance is not OCR (oldcanride) trying to stir up anything here ;)

This "comparison" video was posted over on ADVRider a long while back, and that OP definitely was flipping the bird to NC700X owners. Much foaming resulted. (including me, lol) :D

But the OP, here on this forum, *IS* the OP. If the OP here didn't want to stir things up, they should have used a different title (something like, "Look how wonderful the FZ is"). Just because a thread was posted on some other forum, doesn't mean they have to post it verbatim here.

And besides, what was the intent of posting it here? Think about it: a Yamaha ad and a First Ride report on the FZ.

Mask it however you want ... I call this a troll post.

But the OP, here on this forum, *IS* the OP. If the OP here didn't want to stir things up, .....

Hey guys,
Let's be mature enough to read about other bikes without losing sleep even if other bikes do better in some areas than the NCX.

Chill.

And if there is any "troll callouts" here, let me be the first to throw the stone!
[emoji12] [emoji12] [emoji12]
[emoji599] [emoji844]

Just got back from a 1200 mile ride. My counterpart was riding the Fz07. While I like the looks and the motor on the bike it is set up differently than the nc700x. But I did enjoy the 79 mpg and vs his 59 mpg. I still feel you can't compare the bikes. Different setup for both bikes.

31033072172d0d2d4dd8c8845b3baf3b.jpg

But the OP, here on this forum, *IS* the OP. If the OP here didn't want to stir things up, they should have used a different title (something like, "Look how wonderful the FZ is"). Just because a thread was posted on some other forum, doesn't mean they have to post it verbatim here.

And besides, what was the intent of posting it here? Think about it: a Yamaha ad and a First Ride report on the FZ.

No, we've all known OCR long enough to know this is not the case. Trust me on this one.

Of course he is the original poster of this thread. The statement I made was OCR was not the originator of this comparo thing, it was merely something that caught his eye, and he thought it might be of interest to all and sundry.

You are making him out to be something he isn't.

Just got back from a 1200 mile ride. My counterpart was riding the Fz07. While I like the looks and the motor on the bike it is set up differently than the nc700x. But I did enjoy the 79 mpg and vs his 59 mpg. I still feel you can't compare the bikes. Different setup for both bikes.

31033072172d0d2d4dd8c8845b3baf3b.jpg
Put that Yammer engine on the right frame and you'd just have another dual-adventure bike with less mpg than us.

Nice pic!

If I only had enough money I'd have one of each. I'd probalby have about 7 bikes total.

No, we've all known OCR long enough to know this is not the case. Trust me on this one.

Of course he is the original poster of this thread. The statement I made was OCR was not the originator of this comparo thing, it was merely something that caught his eye, and he thought it might be of interest to all and sundry.

You are making him out to be something he isn't.
Absolutely.

Rode the FZ-07 (and an FZ-09) at a demo ride a few weeks ago, was not impressed.

I stopped in to Tousley a while back to get some oil and a filter for my bike and saw a huge Yamaha hauler. It looked like something was just winding down. Did I miss an opportunity for a demo ride?

I stopped in to Tousley a while back to get some oil and a filter for my bike and saw a huge Yamaha hauler. It looked like something was just winding down. Did I miss an opportunity for a demo ride?

Yup, it was a demo weekend there and they had a nice 30 minute loop you could take the bikes on. I rode the 07 once and the 09 twice because I thought maybe I had gotten a beatup test mule and cone to find out wasn't, just how the bike was.

Almost took an FJR but I ran outta time because I had to work. Glad I didn't if I'd be quite a bit lighter in the pocketbook I imagine.

Mike

There was a long discussion on that particular video and the comparison between the NC700X and FZ-07. I can't find it for some reason. The consensus was - apples to oranges. 2 bikes built for different purpose. Very cleaver of Yamaha Marketing Dept to pick on the NC700X which is heavier and less powerful. Comparing the FZ to the Ninja 650 would have been a better comparison.

There is absolutely no similarity between the nature of FZ and the NC. The only thing they have in common is they are both motorcycles. Because of the NC's enormous success, companies will do whatever they can to try to tap into that success.

My friend is about to buy this Yamaha... Nice bike but I love my NC750X way better and I don't think I would switch to Yamaha. This add is for people who is choosing a bike by pictures, forums and reviews.

The FZ-07 is a very good bike, don't get me wrong. It's just like tools, every bike has it's purpose and usage If it works for your friend, motorcher, then it's a good thing. But if he is buying a screw driver to be used as a hammer, by all means, stop him from buying and slap him across the face! LOL

Last edited:
The FZ-07 is a very good bike, don't get me wrong. It's just like tools, every bike has it's purpose and usable. If it works for your friend, motorcher, then it's a good thing. But if he is buying a screw driver to be used as a hammer, by all means, stop him from buying and slap him across the face! LOL

Or get a camera so we all can see how he makes it "work."

Back