• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

2015 NC700 (U.S.) released

I am sorry to say that "I Told You So!!!"

Many people here thought the NC750X was going to make it to US Soil, well guess again...

As I mentioned before, both the EPA & CARB (California Air Resouce Board) requirements and all the required testing will be delaying this for sometime for sure. Also all the cost to the get the "New Engine Family" approved will be quite costly too. :(

There's always 2016 and the slim chance that we will be getting the NC750X thereafter. ;)

Many people here thought the NC750X was going to make it to US Soil, well guess again...

As I mentioned before, both the EPA & CARB (California Air Resouce Board) requirements and all the required testing will be delaying this for sometime for sure. Also all the cost to the get the "New Engine Family" approved will be quite costly too. :(

There's always 2016 and the slim chance that we will be getting the NC750X thereafter. ;)

Our government is so much smarter than the rest of the world in how they protect us from pollution.

I thought the lack of change shows that the NC700X is a good and reliable machine as it is.
If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

How often are valves adjusted on the newere NCs?

I hoped we would at least have gotten the white color choice.

That a 2015 700 exists does not preclude the possibility of a 750. As I understand, in some countries the 700 and 750 were sold together. There is the possibility of a late introduction 2015 750 or an early 2016 750. I don't care, I don't want one, and I have no reason to expect a 750 in the US, I'm just suggesting that we should expect the unexpected from Honda.

Yeah a new color would be a nice way to spice it up. Of course I bought mine when silver was the only choice.

L

Since Honda actually said ( in Cycle World ) that holding the price down in the US market was critical..........I think they ( Honda ) told us so..........

What would you like to see changed for a newer NC model?

A new color maybe? Something like blue or bright orange or that green that's on some Jeeps that's VERY green -as in "You lose it in the woods green".
Wait.... maybe that's a bad idea for such a tame motorcycle. We'd be expected to race it then...

Speaking of, I beat a truck today -lol.

Last edited:
So glad my red 14 model has the blacked out engine color. Looks like the 15's are back to silver.

Don't ever go by the Honda Website photos (or the specs either, for that matter). Right now both the 2014 photo and the 2015 photo show grey engines, not black. On the 360 spin view, the fine print say previous model year shown.

A new color maybe? Something like blue or bright orange or that green that's on some Jeeps that's VERY green -as in "You lose it in the woods green".
Wait.... maybe that's a bad idea for such a tame motorcycle. We'd be expected to race it then...

Speaking of, I beat a truck today -lol.

Colors go in cycles between bright and exciting, or dull and tame. Unfortunately, I think we're entering back into the dark times of drab colors. The GL1800 is a good indicator. In the past it has come in bright colors and many color choices in the same model year, with yellow (being very common), gold, bright red, orange, illusion blue, etc. This year the flagship machine only comes in light grey, black, or black/red. No excitement there. And hence no excitement in the NC700X, either.

Last edited:
If it ain't broke, why fix it. ------- American Honda Motorcycles ?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Yea I thought for sure they would of done some type of change to the 2015 models. I'm in the process of customizing my new bike in the hopes of making it just a little more peppy.

If they ever made this model in a 1000 cc engine that would be sweet & fast as lightning. I know gas wise it wouldn't be nearly as cost effective but, think of all the $ you would save in modifications. Due to it being supper fast right out of the show room floor, modifications wouldn't be required.

If they ever made this model in a 1000 cc engine that would be sweet & fast as lightning. I know gas wise it wouldn't be nearly as cost effective but, think of all the $ you would save in modifications. Due to it being supper fast right out of the show room floor, modifications wouldn't be required.

I know that's right. No one would beat me to supper! ;)

Welcome to the forum Gvan2012!

Back