• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

2013: What did you do WITH your NC700 today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Welcome TechFrog.........I'm in Alhambra and it would be nice if maybe we can ride some time in the the future........Nice bike you have :)

With the belief that what one does Jan. 1st sets the tone for the year, I started the new year off right going for a 110 mile ride. 40F temps and light rain did not take away from the fun. For the first time I wore my new Tourmaster Solution 2.0 WP Road Boots and they performed up to my expectations.

This is the Whistle Stop Cafe made famous as the restaurant in "Fried Green Tomatoes" in Juliette, GA. Great place for lunch, but closed today.
photo 2-1.jpg

Across the tracks used to be the worlds largest water powered grist mill.

Last edited:
I also wanted to start the new year off right. Rode out to Tortilla Flat in the Superstition Mountains.

First on Lost Dutchman Blvd looking at Superstitions, then on the Apache Trail and finally Tortilla Flat.
late 2013 028.jpglate 2013 031.jpglate 2013 039.jpglate 2013 041.jpglate 2013 049.jpg

Those shadows look pretty long. Is this in the morning or evening ? In any event, it looks as though every type of bike is represented here. That's great !

I rode but didn't have a good camera or a good destination. Met up with my riding buddies (they drove their car) at Golden Corral in Bedford Indiana. They told me I was nuts but heck, it was mid-40s, sunny, only 15-20mph wind gusts and I had on my cold weather gear (I was hot), about a 90 mile round trip.
Here is the only picture:

But not to cold for a hardened U.S. Army Sergeant to Ride To Work. :)

I don't want to take the thread to far astray but I'll say this. My wife thinks I'm nuts half the time. 21 years as an infantryman (17 as a Ranger) will alter your tolerances for a lot of things. Weather is one of them.

Well, it's only been a couple days since my last post, but since I've added a few parts, I thought I'd share.
Since my last posting, I've installed:

Barkbuster Storm handguards, Denali DM Micro LED lights w/fender kit, Kaoko Throttle Lock Cruise Control (specific version that work with Barkbusters), and an MRA VarioTouringScreen Windshield (clear).

I can't speak highly enough of the MRA windshield. Not only does it move the air hitting my body up a bit to the helmet area instead of the chest, but it diffuses it to the point that even at 85mph, it's only a soft buffeting, so to speak, at the top of the helmet, so you have air hitting you, but only about 25% of normal. It's very nice. It was a little chilly coming home tonight (yeah, I'm in Los Angeles, so not really that cold) but I only wore my summer gloves tonight and even though the air started getting cold, they were completely out of the wind, so unless it's below about 50 degrees, I think my summer gloves are okay for me. I wired the Denali lights to the provided switch and triggered it when the bike is on. I will be adding a second relay so even when they are off, my high beams will override the first relay and switch and turn them on.

I also wired in the OEM power socket in the storage box. I'm only concerned that the fuse provided is 1amp. I might put a two in there for peace of mind when charging my phone. I also installed a second power socket (non OEM) with it's own relay, behind the access panel inside the storage area to be used to power my Garmin Nuvi GPS. with traffic cable. Since I purchased the OEM power socket, it came with a relay and harness. The harness is ready for other accessories too, so I simply found a 12v trigger on it to use to trip my relays (Denali's and second power socket).

Only issue I have is, my Barkbusters hit my new windshield on full turn. I'm solving that problem with offset handlebar risers. I found black ones that will only raise 25mm and set back another 25mm. subtle, but that's also what I did on my old VStrom and loved the results. I have more stuff on the way and will post and update with the rest of my practical farklization of my NC.

I want to quickly say, the MRA windshield AND the Barkbuster Storm guards change everything. If anyone out there is on the fence about these products, I would allow you to ride mine if you were around Los Angeles so you can experience them.

Can't wait for the Risers to arrive.

Cheers everyone,

Jim

001 Photo Jan 05, 4 56 31 PM.jpg002 Photo Jan 05, 4 57 06 PM.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back