• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

2013: What did you do WITH your NC700 today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I received my Givi V47NN trunk and mounting plate. Now I just need to get the bike to Denver to have the Honda tail carrier and other accessories mounted that I bought with the bike. I've been delaying that because of the flooding there and all along I-76 which is my normal route.

Today? Well, today, I was riding my NC to work, was about to stop at my brother's place for a bit, and this guy at the stoplight next to me lets me know my tail/brake light is out. So I drove my dad's car to work. Wasn't happy about it to start with, was even less happy when I realized it was San Diego's Completely-Forget-How-To-Drive day. Blah blah, work, blah, back to my brother's place, trade back onto the bike, take it up to where my husband turns wrenches, on the basis that 'they have better tools'. I told him I wanted to hard wire my Givi trunk's light in, since the contacts it came with for the light are super flaky. Get up there, have to pull the whole thing apart to change the bulb (really Honda?), I have to head down with the communal truck that he took to work because my dad needs it to move. I get down to the freeway and get a call from the hubby asking where the plate is with the contacts. Umm...gone, that's where. That's why I asked you to hard wire it in. So...will have to do that another time. The 'new' communal truck makes my miss MY truck. :-( I'm mostly convinced that Chupa is the reincarnation of .67L of my little engine that could. Tomorrow will be better. Tomorrow Chupa will not try to get me run over by cagers by blowing a tail light.

Just another day of riding to work but there was a nice little twist. There was a full moon low in the sky. It was about 6AM so the sun really had not stated to come up. I was headed west on I-40 and the moon was directly to my front the entire ride down the interstate. Not much traffice this morning too so I could actually relax and enjoy. Wish I could have taken a photo but I'm not so good at getting my Galaxy S4 to take photos in the dark.

Hmmmm. Wonder what's the deal there. I have been able to take decent pics with my S4 in the dark without flash on and using the specific settings.

Today...errr.. Last night, I went out again enjoying my fun riding, as I have been doing almost every night since I purchased the bike about two months ago. So far this night riding has clocked 2000 kms. Still waiting cooler weather to ride in day time.

In the good old summer time, there are only two ride times - Night and Rain. Do early mornings sometimes, but who wants to get up early when you are retired.

If the rain will stop I'm going to do my first oil change. I wanted to get a new crush washer before changing it but I'm sick of not riding.
I don't have a garage btw.

My accessories arrived yesterday, so I got up very early (which annoyed my wife) and mounted my GIVI rear trunk before commuting into work. I am loving this bike, bought it last week and need to do first oil change at 600 miles tomorrow.honda.jpg
Sadly while working in the garage I put the first little scratch on the front trunk cover...had to happen eventually.

"Sadly while working in the garage I put the first little scratch on the front trunk cover"

Not nothing sad about that. Your bike now has character. Not another one anywhere exactly like yours. It is now your bike!

Better than how I put the first scratch on mine...
View attachment 8449

Over where I come from, we call you "hero".
Don't worry, be happy.
:p

We all learn, we all learn.

My first scratch was actually on the topcase. I went through a carpark barrier (knowing it will come down after the car infront has passed, but I still did it).
I did not have my coffee then.
:(

Today, I tried riding out during afternoon, around 4pm and found out it's not that bad (its 37 deg C/ 99 deg F). Before, I never braved out riding with temp above 35 deg C/ 95 deg F and was always riding out during night time when temp fell below 35 deg C. The good thing is I got to taste the scenic view along the way. The view of the greenery on the roadside (man-made by petrodollar :)) and sand-dunes on background added much the fun factor in the riding.

Last edited:
Michigan Thumb

1) Woke at 07:00.
2) Road the coastline of the Michigan thumb in a range of temperatures from 43 degF to 60 degC in some sprinkling areas and mostly cloudy on the bike with a coworker on his FZ6
3) Almost got hit by a gangsta merging into my lane on 696, while blaring my horn and revving my engine. Still never noticed me.
4) An asian woman in Canton almost hit me because she didn't realize she didn't have her headlights nor daytime lights on on Ford Rd in the pitchblack night... She couldn't figure out why I was flashing my hi-beams at her.
5) Another asian woman failed to stop before entering Ford Rd with a right turn. She turned right in front of me and wondered why I was getting mad at her...
6) Arrived back at home at 21:00.
7) Had a great day.

Had one problem, the bolts holding on my Honda rear carrier from the rear mounts vibrated off... 2 of them fell off somewhere during the ride. I torqued them down properly so I guess loctite is a necessary additive.

IMG_1972_zps53703bdb.jpg
IMG_1965_zpsc160059c.jpg
Below is the furthest north point on the MI Thumb
IMG_1994_zpsf5aeac30.jpg
Had some fun playing in the sand :).
IMG_2012_zps823f4bb8.jpg
IMG_2015_zpsdb0e93dc.jpg

Here There Be Dragons...

Rode out to Borrego Springs, CA, with some friends today. Nobody else wanted to ride their bike off the pavement, so I got the only cool pictures of a bike with the critters...

IMG_0366.jpg
IMG_0367.jpg
IMG_0386.jpg
IMG_0389.jpg
IMG_0396.jpg

PS -- This ride was 180.4 miles from Fallbrook out to Borrego and back. I started the day with a full tank and
topped off in Borrego at the 107.1 mile mark with 1.243 gallons = 86.1MPG -- my best to date. Rode 73.3 more miles to get back to the Fallbrook station were I topped off in the morning and took another .986 gallons = 74.3 MPG for a total trip of 180.4 on 2.229 gallons = 80.9 MPG.

Last edited:
photo.jpg
I rode the head course marshal at Ironman Lake Tahoe bike course, awesome cruising along side world class triathletes around one of the most pristine places on Earth. we went about 112 miles in 4 hours at speeds ranging from 9 MPH to 50 MPH. Lots of friction zone work trying to hold pace up 10% grades...if anyone gets the chance to volunteer on a MOTO support team at a race the NCX is perfect!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back