• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

2013: What did you do WITH your NC700 today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
:confused: Why on earth would a 15 degree variance in air temperature be "very bad" for a motorcycle drive chain?

Sorry. Some of us fuss about the alignment of chains, while I whore about the climatic temperatures.
:p

Tomorrow I plan to go out with the NCX for a long ride (say without stopping 400km?)
Will take photos.

Sorry. Some of us fuss about the alignment of chains, while I whore about the climatic temperatures.
:p

Tomorrow I plan to go out with the NCX for a long ride (say without stopping 400km?)
Will take photos.

Hee hee! Totally understand.

I have waaaay too many obsessive compulsive disorder quirks, to throw any stones! :eek:

Nice pics to share from your ride, yes please :D

Looked at it while i refinished fiberglass on the bottom of the motorhome. Good ride last night though, 150km, did a big loop around the city of edmonton, sherwood park, fort sask and back home to st. albert. Nice time of night to make some tracks.

Aegeri area.

20130509_111524_zpsb97dce34.jpg

Great pics. Thanks for sharing.

I rode my NC to work today. That isn't a big deal because I do that most days. But I do have a trip up to and around Tahoe planned for July. :)

Went for a nice ride tonight, rolling hills, curvy stuff. Fun. Did about 130km west out of the city and into the wind. Speaking of wind.....nearly lost my helmet a couple times it was so windy!! It was actually twisting my helmet to the side it was so windy, the NC never noticed the wind much, it was just the driver getting tossed around.

I cant believe I ordered a centerstand.im not a big fan of them.i got a swingarm stand but I don't like the way it sways around when bike on it.i would have much rather spent money on a bigger windshield,seat,rear hugger.But then I realize if I don't take care of chain and regular maintance I wont be riding at all,so just waiting on it to get here.

Rode up to Manzanar War Relocation camp and back to get her up to 8k miles. Trip says 630+ miles. Dropped her off for service and a new rear tire (tire still had life, but I'm leaving on a 3k mile trip Thursday and don't want to get it done on the road.NIK_0003.jpg

2013 R1200GS, my dream bike. I'll still stick around here cause I miss my NC already.

Please write a first impression wrt comparing to NCX (in The Bar) and let us (me) know your view. I am hinging on same course right now. I am not very convinced about the handling while paying double for everything.
:)
Your purchase makes me envious....kinda.

Took off today for a short 100 mile ride to the foothills in Tennessee. A little cool but not like in your photos ! Can't wait for warmer weather to really start racking up some miles.

Went this morning for a ride up Saleve, a mountain near Geneva. Actually i went for groceries but took a long way :)
It was so cold that i froze my ... thumbs off, as I forgot to bring winter gloves and temperature was around 5 oC (41 F)

Here are couple of pictures on top of Saleve, overlooking Geneva lake, and the sky felt like it is going to crash on my head ( quoting Asterix and Obelix's worst fears)

image.jpg

image.jpg

I was not alone; apparently there was some race in progress at that time down the mountain, met them many times cutting the twisting road, which made more spirited drive impossible as I was constantly on the lookout.
Hope somebody puts the sign next time :)

image.jpg

Took the pig out for a short ride for first time since I added 2" rox risers and got gas for 2nd fillup. With risers I can go for 10 minutes without hands getting numb instead of 5 minutes before, so I can call that a 100% improvement. Not that it makes much difference when riding for 30 minutes, it's still 20 minutes of being numb. Strange thing about it, it felt like the park brake was on the whole time, really sluggish (it's a manual with no park brake), and when I filled it up, it took 2.49 gallons U.S. to go 112 miles for a whopping 45 mpg. The dreaded Gypsy curse continues. Monday I'll take a look at everything again but I fear that there is nothing wrong, except that everything is still wrong. Darned Gypsies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back