• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

2013 nc700x

I like the red. But I think the NC700 looks good in all it's colors.
All 4 would have been nice, but at least we got 2 to choose from.

I like the red. I kind of wish I'd waited a few months. Of all the colors we got the worst one, in my humble opinion.

I like how the red looks, but I think the silver/grey plastics will age better than red plastics. Picture the faded body panels on an old red Saturn. If we had painted steel body parts instead of plastic, it would be different.

Heh, I'm glad I got my Black 2012, as I didn't want to chance the 2013's being a colour I wouldn't want, other than black. (Honda Canada only has Red for 2013, no other choice)

Don't get me wrong, I like the Silver ones and the Red is a nice shade, but I've had many Silver bikes before, and Red just isn't my thing personally.

White would have been good. All my gear is black or white, so StormTrooper effect would have been great with me. (As long as Tromba and I never had to duke it out with blasters, that is...)

The Blue of Honda's 2012 VFR1200 would have been pretty awesome, but I think the paint on those things is very expensive quality. (ie: I like the blue, but not enough if it cost me extra $$ to get it)

Last edited:
I'll stick with my silver and black. The red looks a little too bright for my taste, but then it is nice to have one other choice for those who prefer it.

I like the red. I'd have bought it over the silver if it'd been available. I don't particularly care for silver. However, I HATE black-on-black. I would not have bought if they'd been black, so I'm quite happy to have silver, from that perspective.

Yeah, but check out that "related model" CTX700 - probably a bit less capable but it sure looks comfortable.

The engine on the CTX700 seems exactly the same as that of the NC700. I agree it does look more comfy, but the storage where the tank is is the deal breaker for me. If it came in an 1100cc model, I might consider it as a second bike. The CTX does look great, though!

Nevermind the colors, just get a car wrap vinyl ( air-bubble style ) and you can get almost any color, you want. Mine is full black and I'm planning to put vinyl on. 3M or other products will do the best work. Easy to fit, cut, all you need is a hairdryer or heater gun. This product can be stretched or removed at any time when you want to change. A friend of mine works for a company, that produces road signs with reflective covers. He'll bring me these kind of reflective sheets. These sheets will be attached over the vinyl wrap ( it has a very strong adhesive back, so it is very hard to remove, when they are directly put on the surfaces ) But with vinyl wrap covers under it, there will be no problem.
Just take a look at my ex-CBR250R, same method also.
The only mistake i made, i had no bubble-free vinyl, so it was very hard to stretch to curves with no bubbles.
cbr250r.jpg

Over here in Northern Ireland you can have Red, or Black, or White, or Silver/Grey in the x and White, or Black, or Silver/Grey/Yellow in the s. Spoilt for choice.
Mo.

I like the red, but not the 500 price increase for base, though dct abs now 1k like the CTX bikes. So good and bad. And still no price for 500x.

Just saw a press release for CTX700, which touted its suitability for shorter riders; my immediate thought was I shoulda waited. Specs show 28.3" seat height, but I think fairing ugly, and it doesn't have same storage space. I lowered my NC700x and think it's perfect. Also, note the 2013s are $500 higher plus a $310 destination charge! So getting the 2012 was a wise move IMHO.

Yeah, but check out that "related model" CTX700 - probably a bit less capable but it sure looks comfortable.

I like the red, but not the 500 price increase for base, though dct abs now 1k like the CTX bikes. So good and bad. And still no price for 500x.

I agree ... great if you want the dct ... not so much if you want the base ...

Back