• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

2012 NC700S and NC700X Shield

Folgrum

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey guys. I know a lot of you have an NC700X version and i have an NC700SA. my question is does anyone know or tried comparing and NC700S and NC700X windshield and see if you can mount one on the other? found a lot of ones for the X and very few for the S and i like the looks of the ones for the X. if anyone has tried i would be very appreciative!
Thank you!

That's a damn fine question.

I have an X and have not seen one after market screen that I like, I have however seen a couple for the S that I do like.

I don't think they're compatible. The bracket around the headlight is different on the S.

NC700Sf.jpg

10979d1389991401-best-aftermarket-windscreen-links-each-comparison-img_0171.jpg

The mounts look to be a bit further apart on the X and a different angle....

trey

Hi,

I also have an S version. They are not interchangeable at all!
I got an offer previously from the dealer for 250$, the only one that fits, is the X version's Honda OEM touring screen. But it needs a custom made adapter. Because this one has a U shaped mounting frame.

So finally I bought a : ERmax Touring-Screen Nc 700 S Light-Tinted 12- +20cm
ermax1_nc700s.jpg
Very nice design, great quality!
But it is a complete disaster, lots of wind noise and buffeting, totally useless. I'm 5.8" (175cm) tall, I guess, up to 170 or above 180 cms it might be better.
So I sold at once and put back the original one.

This is a naked bike... the D modell ( integra ) has very nice fairings and great windshield, but that is a scooter-type bike.

im about 6'2 so i feel the wind all the time and up here in Canada i it can be a bit chilly when near the water. i was tempted to go to a sheet cutters and just have them cut and bend a piece of the material and then mount it on the bike haha! also those are some nice shields although im looking for something at least 20' high

I have this windshield

NC700Sb.jpg

from Cali Sci Honda NC700X NC700S Windshields

When I ordered he mistakenly sent me an X screen the first time. The mounting holes do not line up and the X screen has less curve to it, as well as a slightly different shape around the headlight. After contacting him with a pic, he immediately sent me the correct one and asked me to destroy the wrong one.

I turned the X screen into a trial horse, by drilling some new holes. That told me that it was too tall. So I drilled another set of holes to mount it lower. Still very noisy so I cut a couple of inches off the top. It was nice to have a disposable piece to practice drilling and cutting on. Turns out the plastic is quite tough and hard to damage.

In the end, I cut down the correct screen by 3 inches, and drilled two sets of mounting holes to lower it another inch and a half for summer use.

Your results will vary according to your size and tolerance to wind noise.

So the stock screen is noisy then? I have found no bikes with fairings that are not buffeting and noisy nightmares. Thus I have had a number of naked bikes. From and engineering perspective a screen needs to curve towards the rider at some point. A flat thing sitting out there will just create turbulence. Simple fluid mechanics of air molecules. How about no screen?

So the stock screen is noisy then? I have found no bikes with fairings that are not buffeting and noisy nightmares. Thus I have had a number of naked bikes. From and engineering perspective a screen needs to curve towards the rider at some point. A flat thing sitting out there will just create turbulence. Simple fluid mechanics of air molecules. How about no screen?

Not on an S, as it is quite small. On an X the noise level depends upon on how tall you are. I chose a bigger shield for my S to keep some of the cold air off me in the winter, and so I would not have to hang on the the bars so tightly at higher speeds, which is less of a problem on the X.

Back