• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Waiting on my NCX.....

MyNc700x

Reaction score
Visit site
I am waiting on my new 13 ncx to be built.

Last bike was a BMW F650gs. I was going to replace it with the f1200gs-a until the f800gs-a came out. Had my deposit down then read a review on the ncx. I was interested to say the least. But this power thing they couldnt really describe, it scared me. I didnt want a scooter that looked like a motorcycle.

I am looking to do long road trips; maybe every now and then venturing up a dirt road.

I was prepared to drop 20k on a loaded 800gs-a. Then i test rode the ncx. I fell in love. Power band reminds me of my Buells.

I put 500 down and they got a 13 ncx grey/black in in the crate. While not a true adventure, i am not doing much off road...from the highway to the camping spot kinda stuff.

Is the f800gs-a a better bike? Well probably but not worth the price tag to me. The MPG on the ncx was a large interest but the bike just has a badass deep space 9 look that i like. Yea, yea...the bird look.

Options. I like a clutch. I am adding all 3 factory bags, bar light, fog lights, 12v, lower and upper deflectors, heated grips, tall jammer, center stand, cowl cover, brush guards, etc. Everything Honda offers. OTD without riding gear is $12,000 USD.

I want the bike to look like this:

http://0.tqn.com/d/motorcycles/1/0/w/c/0/-/Honda-NC700X-studio.jpg

Although i wanted to change the stock pipe. I opted with the "Leovince one" in carbon. (Doing a K&N as well) It looks great and sounds awesome. Performance on this pipe? Not much. Some riders say they get a lil more in the 3k to 4500rpm range. A little more passing power maybe? Still sounds badass:

Exhaust Honda NC700X vs LEOVINCE "ONE" Black - YouTube

Will post my findings. But i didn't buy this for speed. More passing power would be perfect!

My concern is the factory luggage, will it fit with the pipe....

So the bike is at Sun Powersports in Thorton, CO. They ordered all the parts yesterday. So a waiting game. I didnt want the bike prior to all the upgrades. Good guys up at Sun too. Helpful and all went smooth so far. The Colorado ATV club sent me over there. Couldn't be happier.

I will do my first road trip Denver, CO to Lake Tahoe, CA a few days after breaking her in. I will deal with the first oil change in Salt Lake. Don't worry, i wont be able to keep this thing at one speed. Not in any hurry to get anywhere these days....

Will see how good the stock seat is. I am 5'10 with stubs for legs (32 inseam).

Hoping to pick her up mid next week. I will post pics of the bike as well as video of the pipe.

Damn i am excited!

See good things do happen for those who can wait. I understand the height problem, I am 5"10 with a 29 inseam. The shocks do settle in about 1/2 inch.
Good riding from Texas.

Grats on the bike. It certainly is cheaper than a BMW isn't it. My decision was between the NC700X and the new BMW 700GS. In the end the cost savings and the frunk won the day for NeeCee.

Same for me, down to TWO bikes. A HONDA NC700x with dct OR a BMW GS.
The honda won out because of the DCT option.
I don't like to clutch so much, I live in the city (san francisco) and too much HILLS.

Ken

Congrats on the new NC. I will have a seat concepts review up here soon on the forums and my youtube channel. I had to replace my rear tire at 278 miles, and it knocked me out for a week. I got the bike back yesterday.

Enjoy the bike I love mine. Now just looking to get the bags but here in Canada there are asking me for over $1000 bucks just for the side bags and mounting brackets. Planning a ride to a local Honda dealer in the states to get it for cheaper over in the USA.

Well the parts haven't came in but I couldn't wait...so I will put 600 miles on it while I wait for all the add-ons...here she is....View attachment 6809

Congrats on the bike!

Food for thought: if you purchased the full carbon can and plan to take it off the Tarmac, CF will not hold up very well...I had one on a F800GS and it lasted a bit over a year before holes in the body developed.

Enjoy the bike I love mine. Now just looking to get the bags but here in Canada there are asking me for over $1000 bucks just for the side bags and mounting brackets. Planning a ride to a local Honda dealer in the states to get it for cheaper over in the USA.

Ouch. Little cheaper down south. I got a deal from our local Honda dealership; Sun Motorsports. Bought 4k in add-ons (not including riding gear) and they gave me 25% off.

If you ever near Colorado....the ncx get together....

Back