• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

To blow my own horn

calbigbird

Reaction score
Visit site
I've been thinking about the wimpy horn on my NC. The horn on my GL1800 on the other hand sounds off proudly. Has anybody but me thought about putting a GL horn on an NC? How do I find out if the wiring will support the GL horn?

I was just thinkin.

From what I can tell, the stock GL1800 horns are 4 amps each. They are wired directly to the horn button without a relay. Unless you can find a set of take-offs for sale cheap where someone has upgraded, they look to cost about $47 each. That is about three times more than the Fiamms which are also about 4 amps each.

What no-one knows is the amp rating of the NC700x horn switch. The safe approach that always works is to use a horn relay because you are increasing the load from 1.3 amps to 8 amps. Or, you could assume that the NC700 horn switch is as stout as the GL1800 switch and wire them direct. Not implying that anyone here is a punk, but I guess you have to ask yourself. "Do you feel lucky?"

[video=youtube;A732Cuuo2tI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A732Cuuo2tI[/video]

If I remember well, someone wired directly to the horn button and and melted it, or am I wrong? Can't locate the post, but I remember this well because after reading it I decided to postpone my onw FIAMM dual horn fitment until I have the time to do a good job with relay and so on

If I remember well, someone wired directly to the horn button and and melted it, or am I wrong? Can't locate the post, but I remember this well because after reading it I decided to postpone my onw FIAMM dual horn fitment until I have the time to do a good job with relay and so on
That wasn't in this forum. I had one Fiamm in place with no relay for a while. It tested ok when I installed it but I don't think I ever used it after that. Not much a horn blower.

I've been thinking about the wimpy horn on my NC. The horn on my GL1800 on the other hand sounds off proudly. Has anybody but me thought about putting a GL horn on an NC? How do I find out if the wiring will support the GL horn?

I was just thinkin.

Definitions for 'Blow your own horn'

If you blow your own horn, you boast about your achievements and abilities. ('Blow your own trumpet' is an alternative form.

(verb) to display one’s achievements or good characteristics to make others feel bad

Example Sentence:

A: How is your new teacher?
B: He spent the first hour of class blowing his own horn by talking about his degrees, his books, his sports car and his beautiful wife. I dislike him a lot!

The young woman blew her own horn by showing her expensive new iPhone to her jealous friends.

A: Did you get a good score on the TOEFL test?
B: I don’t want to blow my own horn, but I did fantastically!
A: Congrats!

Back