• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

would you change trailmax D609 for tck80?

W

wildeone

Hi,
my stock trailmax D609 has already 3700 miles (6000 km) and they still look like half good.
I have bought tck80 especially for Morocco trip which will take around 2000 miles (3000 km)
but now not sure should I change or not, I heard tck doesn't last too long although very good on and off road.
Do you think should I change? One thing is I'm not sure if trailmax will be still fine till end of the trip
and second thing I'm not sure if tck will last the whole trip as well. Although with the latter I will have better of-road performance for sure.
What do you think?

I have no idea on the D609.
The TKC80 front will last 10,000+ miles. I haven't used the TKC80 rear. From what I've read you can expect around 3-4,000 miles.

A possibility is to go ahead and swap the front then carry the rear with you and swap it while on the trip.

I have no idea on the D609.
The TKC80 front will last 10,000+ miles. I haven't used the TKC80 rear. From what I've read you can expect around 3-4,000 miles.

A possibility is to go ahead and swap the front then carry the rear with you and swap it while on the trip.

wow, 10,000 miles+ ??? awesome, if rear last 3-4,000 miles that would still be good enough.
thanks.

btw, I don't know how come some complain about trailmax rapid wear, I don't see it's happening with mine.

If I understand correctly the Trail Max is available in 2 different compounds and the first set of 2014 bikes came with the soft compound version which was later changed to the harder compound version.

From what I've read a similar thing happened with the tkc80 rear. When that tire first came out people on various bikes were only getting 2,000 miles out of it but the more current reviews have the miles higher. I went Kenda Big Block for the rear and have stuck with it since I like it.

Please post pics of your trip.

I get around 12,000 miles out of my front TKC80's and I got 14,000 out of my rear K60 and it was still going.

Live life,be yourself !!!!.

Back