• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Display blanks out when starting: ……

bluecray

Reaction score
Visit site
Occasionally when starting my NC700s the light for the display fails to stay on. ie as the starter churns it draws power and the display blanks momentarily and thus if it catches it at right moment as it fires the display blanks out ie the light for the display fails to stay on.

Possibly connected to this issue is the battery, there's been times I've thought it isn't turning over quite as well as I would expect, thus popped battery on charger, but within the hour, charger goes into maintenance mode indicating battery is OK. I'm wondering if battery has a dud cell??

Oh and just remembered! Once I tried to start it I pressed starter and totally dead, tried like 3 /4 times, still dead, on final go it turned over and fired (turned over a little slow thou )

Bike is just over two years old so just outside warranty period, and I'm in the UK

Ideas anyone?

Disconnect and fully charge the battery, let it rest at least two hours, and use a voltmeter to read the open circuit voltage. If it's bellow 12.5V (at 25°C) replace it... (12.5V = 50% State of Charge for Yuasas).

A bad battery may be the root cause of many malfunctions...

Disconnect and fully charge the battery, let it rest at least two hours, and use a voltmeter to read the open circuit voltage. If it's bellow 12.5V (at 25°C) replace it... (12.5V = 50% State of Charge for Yuasas).

A bad battery may be the root cause of many malfunctions...

I agree. Do this. Then at least you know when you re-tighten the cables, you'll have good connections.
Btw- its not uncommon for these batteries to fail after two years.

Besides the battery and battery cables, you might take a look at the starter switch. When the starter button is depressed, it shuts off power to the lights until the button is released. Usually a good cleaning with an aerosol electrical cleaner (not WD-40!) does the trick.

WD-40 does help to cure gout, pimples, and even ED. :)

Back