• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Prudhoe Bay Deadhorse

Just read an article about the Dalton highway to Prudhoe bay. Apparently a land mass, like a rock iceberg is slowly moving toward the Dalton highway; been moving towards it for awhile. Currently less than 100 yards and it will overtake the Dalton highway in 3-5 years. Alaska is planning on re-routing the highway for $68 million dollars and they will probably have to re-route the Alaskan Pipeline (less than 100 yards from the highway on the opposite side.

Just read an article about the Dalton highway to Prudhoe bay. Apparently a land mass, like a rock iceberg is slowly moving toward the Dalton highway; been moving towards it for awhile. Currently less than 100 yards and it will overtake the Dalton highway in 3-5 years. Alaska is planning on re-routing the highway for $68 million dollars and they will probably have to re-route the Alaskan Pipeline (less than 100 yards from the highway on the opposite side.

Interesting information!

Guess I'd better start planning my trip now!

Last edited:
You have great information and I really like because I also want to go for the road trip to the Dalton highway but before the post I have no idea but this post fulfills all my wishes about the road..

Back