• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Arkansas Ride

Mike,
I'm interested, if I can get things finished today that I need to do. Where/when will you be leaving from and what direction will you be going? I bet the traffic and the light wind (45 mph) we had yesterday cleared most of the sand off.
Ed

Ed, not sure where I'm headed. I will be leaving Russellville around 10:00 and heading north. I'm thinking about eating lunch at Low Gap (Hwy 74) and riding south on Hwy 21. Making a loop.

I'm open to suggestions if you have somewhere you want to go. I need to take advantage of the nice weather.......and my MIL will be at the house this weekend :D
Mike

:) I do want to go for a ride, but I've got a couple of things that I have to do that morning. Put me down as tentative for now. I sure hope Ed is right about the sand getting blown away...

I'm not going be able to make it. I did ride about 300 miles today in NW Arkansas and NE Oklahoma and there was almost no sand left. Of course you still want to be watchful, but I found a minimum. You guys have fun and be safe. When I got home, I was informed I had something to do at 0800. It will take about 30 minutes, but I would need to leave home at 0730 to be there. With the MIL, may I suggest a ride to ......Mexico.

The tres amigos had another great ride in the Ozarks today.

Great roads, great conversation and even better food......that's what riding is all about. We've found the food Nirvana of the Ozarks. I ain't telling where it is either ;) You'll just have to come along for a ride and experience it yourself.

We will make this place a RTE from the Hillbilly Hangout in April.

Thanks again fellers,
Mike

Riding was a blast. Eating shrimp cordona(sp?) in the middle of nowhere at a café that puts any place in Little Rock to shame was awesome! I haven't had food that good since San Fran and this was half the price.

And that lunch was served on a very large spool for a table. Certainly an eclectic mix of styles with the fine cuisine and rustic furnishings.
Mike

What a great day! I've always preferred riding solo, but these last two rides with Mike and Matt have sure changed my perspective. Chuck and Ed,. you guys need to quit being all responsible and get in this picture! :D that was a GREAT lunch!
lowgap_zps2dc62201.jpg

I don't need to read that, I ate there :D The article is on the money tho, That really is high quality Italian, easily the best I've had in Arkansas, and matches if not exceeds the expensive restaurants in New York City. I suspect after I get the wife up there, we'll be there many times afterwards :)

Back