• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Helmets: what is your lid?

This lid looks cool.
Many such helmets here in Europe as well.
I went for the Shoei, to give myself a "treat" after my current lid of 7 years (Shark).

Have you received you NCX yet? Your profile says June 2012?
:p

This lid looks cool.
Many such helmets here in Europe as well.
I went for the Shoei, to give myself a "treat" after my current lid of 7 years (Shark).

Have you received you NCX yet? Your profile says June 2012?

Honda isn't expected to ship them to the U.S. until June of 2012. Talked to the dealership last week and they said that the Honda rep was going to be in and to give a call this week.

Hopefully I get can more information from them sometime this week!

OMG, it is so late in the US?
Wow.

Over here, we are quite lucky, coz smaller cc bikes are more popular here compared to demand in the States.
Is this a correct assumption?

Here's mine, a Schuberth C3 in hi-viz yellow.

schuberth_c3_helmets_hiviz.jpg

OMG, it is so late in the US?
Wow.

Over here, we are quite lucky, coz smaller cc bikes are more popular here compared to demand in the States.
Is this a correct assumption?

Ehh somewhat. I know most people want either a sports bike that is 1000cc or a cruiser like a Harley. The demand for a crossover may not be as big in the US as other parts of the world.

hi bigbird , your choice of username and helmet seems to say you love yellow? nice helmet !

BTW, DHL deliveryman came today with my new Shoei, but I was not at home.
:(
Will go and collect it tomorrow or later this week.

Last edited:
Well, TBH, I have a -19% from the VAT, and paid 8% on the swiss side.So in the end it was very cheap for me. 431chf.I still cannot believe they included a free spare shield (half tinted).It also had a removable whisper guard (for winter I guess).

Does a Shoei MultiTec fit in the NCx storage compartment? I had one for 4.5 years as my favorite lid. I have now moved on the NeoTec. My size is Small. These are bulky helmets and I am concerned they may not fit in the compartment.

I'm not sure as I always use the Konda when on the NC. I would try the Shoei in the NC for you but it is parked right at the back of the garage behind my Crossrunner and Sues CBF1000FA which are loaded ready for our trio which starts tomorrow

Does a Shoei MultiTec fit in the NCx storage compartment? I had one for 4.5 years as my favorite lid. I have now moved on the NeoTec. My size is Small. These are bulky helmets and I am concerned they may not fit in the compartment.

My new Shoei Multitec (size XL) fits into the NC700X tank-compartment (but a tight squeeze). No idea about the Neotec.
Hope this is a helpful answer.

My new Shoei Multitec (size XL) fits into the NC700X tank-compartment (but a tight squeeze). No idea about the Neotec.
Hope this is a helpful answer.
This is helpful. Shoei uses 3 or more shell sizes between XS and XXL so if a XL fits it follows that an S will too. The NeoTec seems to be a little bulkier in the chin bar however so I guess I'll have to wait and see. I am in the USA and my dealer is getting the first bikes in later this week. I'll know then for sure.

This is helpful. Shoei uses 3 or more shell sizes between XS and XXL so if a XL fits it follows that an S will too. The NeoTec seems to be a little bulkier in the chin bar however so I guess I'll have to wait and see. I am in the USA and my dealer is getting the first bikes in later this week. I'll know then for sure.

I saw a youtube video on Neotec and Multitec before, I believe the Neotec is bigger not just at the chin (longer for Neotec), but also at the top near the back (to accommodate the hidden black sunshield). Therefore it is really BIGGER than the Multitec overall.

There is a moto-shop here who sells Neotec, and I am sure they will let me try on my NCX.
However, I am not heading to this shop in the near future.
If I do, and if I remember, I will try to fit it (just for you) and then let you know.
:eek:

Back