• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

New 2016 NC750X delivered yesterday

Busabliss

Reaction score
Visit site
Bang on the dot of 11am YESTERDAY, Hunts of Manchester's van swung into the drive, unloaded my brand new NC750X DCT, complete with fitted Honda top box and rack, and with a Lust lowering kit (40mm) fitted by the dealer. Steve loaded my trade in CBF1000 up his ramp, which seemed to have been designed to be extremely dangerous and slippery in the rain.
I would have taken the bike out straight away, but earlier this morning, whilst loading my car with rubbish, I slipped and fell, twisted my left ankle, which is now very swollen, and aggravated my right knee with which I have previously had trouble.
So no exciting new rides for me today. I have sat on it, started it, put it in gear, played with the switches, read the handbook, and fitted a lead for my Optimate battery charger. The screws on the battery terminals seem very short, which made it really fiddly to replace them whilst fitting the charger lead.
First impressions are good, although I am disappointed that my AGV full face helmet does not fit in the frunk, Hunts delivered it for free, gave me a full tank of fuel, and a decent trade in price, plus the balance on Honda Finance at 5.99%. I love the blue colour, and I am glad I have had it lowered, it makes it much easier for my 5' 8" frame. I can only wait now for the swelling to go down (in the ankle!!), I'm not that excited! and I'm off! I will see how I feel in the morning, perhaps go to work on it, perhaps the weekend, otherwise next week,
Well, after a few hours lying on the sofa with ice packs on the ankle, I could stand it no longer, so got the bike out strapped the ankle, and just went for a 20 mile first ride. First impressions, very easy to ride, 'D' mode reminds me of a diesel, 'S' mode seems to suit me better. Time will tell. Grabbing for the non-existent clutch at the traffic lights, but now getting used to it. Low speed control is excellent, bike is very well balanced. So glad I got it lowered, flat footing is safer. I went up to 70, it's a lot calmer than my previous CBF1000, and the small screen is about as efficient as the larger one on the CBF. It seems a strangely calm ride after riding high revving 4 cylinder bikes for years. I hit the horn a couple of times instead of the indicator. Seat seems fine, but I haven't been on a long ride yet!
I quite like the sound of the exhaust, which seems slightly rortier than the previous model demonstrator I tried. The suspension seems firmer than the demonstrator I rode at wheels, but I expect it will settle and become more compliant. Nothing negative to report yet, except that my helmet won't fit in the frunk.

NC750X delivery day.jpg

Congratulations. love the blue!

You probably tried it all ways 'round but try fitting the helmet in the other way to make sure it's in the "no fit" list.

'Calmer' - I like that term Busabliss. I have been coming to the conclusion that the calmness of the bike is something Honda are not mentioning and they should. Once you have owned an NC any other bike you ride feels 'frantic'. My other bike is a Rocket 3 and you would think that tooling along at 70 in top on a 2.3 litre bike would have to be calmer than on a twin cylinder 750 - but no quite the opposite. The bang and clatter of that huge engine, the harshness of the suspension (even with Hagon Nitros), and the feeling that the world is going to explode at 6000rpm are the opposite to the experience on the NC. Of course there is one compensation on the Rocket and that's it's straight line rip your head off acceleration but I only want to do that once in a blue moon. My previous middle weight bike was a Versys 650 which I sold to a pal and we swap bikes every now and then. The Versys has all the disadvantages of the Rocket without the mind bending torque.
But here's the interesting thing. Because the NC is so calm you don't realise that you are making much faster progress than you tend to make on a frantic bike.
My only gripe is that with my new 2016 bike they have leant more towards frantic with the suspension.
Mike

Nice looking bike. All of your comments are very sensible. The Frantic v Calm comparison is dead-on. Hope you love your new NC as much as I do mine.
>T

She's a beauty!

Welcome to the forum. We're glad you're here.

Very nice post, welcome to the NC brotherhood :)
Just don't skimp so much on pictures - I don't recall anyone else showing off their shiny, brand-new 2016 NC750 so - pwetty pwease - please our eyes with a little more of her =)

Very nice bike - hope you'll have many memorable, maintenance-free miles on it :)

Bang on the dot of 11am YESTERDAY, Hunts of Manchester's van swung into the drive, unloaded my brand new NC750X DCT, complete with fitted Honda top box and rack, and with a Lust lowering kit (40mm) fitted by the dealer. Steve loaded my trade in CBF1000 up his ramp, which seemed to have been designed to be extremely dangerous and slippery in the rain.
I would have taken the bike out straight away, but earlier this morning, whilst loading my car with rubbish, I slipped and fell, twisted my left ankle, which is now very swollen, and aggravated my right knee with which I have previously had trouble.
So no exciting new rides for me today. I have sat on it, started it, put it in gear, played with the switches, read the handbook, and fitted a lead for my Optimate battery charger. The screws on the battery terminals seem very short, which made it really fiddly to replace them whilst fitting the charger lead.
First impressions are good, although I am disappointed that my AGV full face helmet does not fit in the frunk, Hunts delivered it for free, gave me a full tank of fuel, and a decent trade in price, plus the balance on Honda Finance at 5.99%. I love the blue colour, and I am glad I have had it lowered, it makes it much easier for my 5' 8" frame. I can only wait now for the swelling to go down (in the ankle!!), I'm not that excited! and I'm off! I will see how I feel in the morning, perhaps go to work on it, perhaps the weekend, otherwise next week,
Well, after a few hours lying on the sofa with ice packs on the ankle, I could stand it no longer, so got the bike out strapped the ankle, and just went for a 20 mile first ride. First impressions, very easy to ride, 'D' mode reminds me of a diesel, 'S' mode seems to suit me better. Time will tell. Grabbing for the non-existent clutch at the traffic lights, but now getting used to it. Low speed control is excellent, bike is very well balanced. So glad I got it lowered, flat footing is safer. I went up to 70, it's a lot calmer than my previous CBF1000, and the small screen is about as efficient as the larger one on the CBF. It seems a strangely calm ride after riding high revving 4 cylinder bikes for years. I hit the horn a couple of times instead of the indicator. Seat seems fine, but I haven't been on a long ride yet!
I quite like the sound of the exhaust, which seems slightly rortier than the previous model demonstrator I tried. The suspension seems firmer than the demonstrator I rode at wheels, but I expect it will settle and become more compliant. Nothing negative to report yet, except that my helmet won't fit in the frunk.

That blue/silver/black color scheme is dead sexy! Congratulations!

That blue really looks nice. Too bad American Honda thinks we only need silver... and the smaller engine.

don't forget about the red ones

I take a size 62 (XL) HJC full face helmet and it fitted in the "tank" when I tried it at the stealership, although it will only go in visor side up. I wish I'd ordered blue now and I wish I didn't have to wait until January for delivery :(

I take a size 62 (XL) HJC full face helmet and it fitted in the "tank" when I tried it at the stealership, although it will only go in visor side up. I wish I'd ordered blue now and I wish I didn't have to wait until January for delivery :(

Blimey - are the NC's in short supply in the UK? I knew the Africa Twin deliveries were stretched out.
Mike

That would be a nice advertising campaign, showing mellow people with their NCs. It would appeal to millennials.

Hi from Hambug Germany, have fun with that bike. I have it since August 2016 and now more than 6000 km...

Gesendet von meinem SM-G900F mit Tapatalk

Back