• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

2022 750X DCT with fitted factory alarm; operating instructions?

Lunapaso

Reaction score
Visit site
Looking for the operating instructions for a '22 750X DCT with a factory fitted alarm. AFAIK it's not the remote version. I've searched on this site but can't find any. Just need to know the basics, in particular how to keep it switched off when not needed. Picking the bike up next week and want to be prepared.

If it is truly a factory fitted device, is it not mentioned in the owner’s manual? If you don’t yet have the manual, can you download it from Honda?

Looking for the operating instructions for a '22 750X DCT with a factory fitted alarm. ...
Finding this is relatively easy. But the Owner's Manual is only in Japanese. Translating this wouldn't be so difficult today.
But you can definitely find the same on Honda's UK or EU websites.

Finding this is relatively easy. But the Owner's Manual is only in Japanese. Translating this wouldn't be so difficult today.
But you can definitely find the same on Honda's UK or EU websites.

Cheers, I'll figure it out and then post up the procedure or whatever I find.

I checked the Honda Canada manual, but it's not mentioned there.
The motorcycle configurations vary by country market. I have not heard of factory installed alarms on North American NC models. If you are in Japan, check owner’s manuals for that market.

I checked the Japanese 2021 NC750 owner's manual and compared it with the first version of the 2011 NC700 manual in English. Information about HISS in both versions is very similar and does not contain information whether the HISS system can be disabled.
I translated the Japanese version in the easiest way using Google Translate on an Android phone.

File_20240223-225905.jpg

Screenshot 2024-02-23 232038.jpg

I checked the Japanese 2021 NC750 owner's manual and compared it with the first version of the 2011 NC700 manual in English. Information about HISS in both versions is very similar and does not contain information whether the HISS system can be disabled.
I translated the Japanese version in the easiest way using Google Translate on an Android phone.
The OP was asking about a factory fitted alarm. HISS is an immobilizer system, not an alarm, from what I understand. HISS cannot be disabled.

The OP was asking about a factory fitted alarm. HISS is an immobilizer system, not an alarm, from what I understand. HISS cannot be disabled.
Yes, you're right. I won't argue whether he meant the security system H.I.S.S - Honda Ignition Security System. I have no idea if this system makes any warning sounds that would mean it is also an alarm system. A search for the word "alarm" in the owner's manual yielded no results.

Capture.JPG

Yes, you're right. I won't argue whether he meant the security system H.I.S.S - Honda Ignition Security System. I have no idea if this system makes any warning sounds that would mean it is also an alarm system. A search for the word "alarm" in the owner's manual yielded no results.

View attachment 53627
Lootzyan, really appreciate all your efforts, but my query is about the fitted factory accessory alarm, not the H.I.S.S. immobilizer. I'm picking the bike up on Thursday from the main Honda dealer. It's a '22 and new to me, but to be honest I'm wary of ALL bike alarms, and will probably get him to disable the bloody thing. This is Japan and the locals don't take kindly to a foreigner's bike alarm going off at 3:00am because a cat jumped on it!

If you are picking up this bike from a Honda dealer, insist that they provide you with the manual and instructions you need regarding all aspects of the motorcycle, incuding a factory fitted alarm.

In North America, all genuine Honda accessories have associated documentation, often available in printed and.pdf form. I would hope that is the case in Japan, as well. If the alarm is standard equipment on the motorcycle, it should be covered in the owner’s manual for Japaneses market models.

Lootzyan, really appreciate all your efforts, but my query is about the fitted factory accessory alarm, not the H.I.S.S. immobilizer. ...
It didn't occur to me that Honda might have a motorcycle-specific alarm system as an option. But this is Japan, so if such an option exists there, I won't be surprised.
What I most often observe for many years during visits to the EU is the common practice of attaching the wheel of a motorcycle or scooter with a heavy chain to a hook in the pavement.

Sorted. I picked up my '22 DCT and the dealer took me through it; very simple. With a factory fitted alarm, every time you turn off the bike and remove the key, the alarm will always set. (A red bar at the top right of the screen will flash to confirm, not to be confused with the H.I.S.S red light flashing at the bottom left) To disable the alarm, just turn off the ignition - turn on - turn off again. As I said, sorted.

Sorted. I picked up my '22 DCT and the dealer took me through it; very simple. With a factory fitted alarm, every time you turn off the bike and remove the key, the alarm will always set. (A red bar at the top right of the screen will flash to confirm, not to be confused with the H.I.S.S red light flashing at the bottom left) To disable the alarm, just turn off the ignition - turn on - turn off again. As I said, sorted.
For others that might inquire, and for future reference, are the alarm instructions included in the Honda owner’s manual?

No, they aren't because the alarm's a factory option. You get a separate set of instructions.View attachment 53646
That is intersesting. In the USA NC market, there is no such thing as a factory option. Any accessories are installed after the motorcycle left the factory/Japan. The USA imports rarely even get a color choice on most Honda powersports models.

I’m glad you got it sorted out.

... As I said, sorted.
It was easy, wasn't it?...especially with the right instructions.
I previously mentioned, jokingly, that I wouldn't be surprised if such a manufacturer-installed alarm system option was available in Japan. But I still wonder why this option, including the HISS system, is not available here in the US. Producing a country-specific version of a motorcycle increases production costs.
But, reading the information on the front page of your alarm system's manual, I begin to suspect that the manufacturer has doubts about the skills and experience of US installers to install Honda products. :eek:

Screenshot 2024-03-01 092801.jpg

Back