• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

NC750X DCT check oil

Whiteknuckle

Reaction score
Visit site
just curious. I have a 2016 NC750X DCT on order and not due until April or May.

been looking at photos on the Honda Canada site. How does one check oil on these bikes?
I recall on the 2014 NC750S i had there was a dipstick. But the photo of the 2016 it looks like the oil fill cap is just that
a cap. Seems too high to be a dipstick. I see a circular spot low that looks like it could be an oil window but closer in view it
looks like an allen key screw. What is that somewhat triangular thing on the side, it has 2 silver screw caps on it.

just curious. I have a 2016 NC750X DCT on order and not due until April or May.

been looking at photos on the Honda Canada site. How does one check oil on these bikes?
I recall on the 2014 NC750S i had there was a dipstick. But the photo of the 2016 it looks like the oil fill cap is just that
a cap. Seems too high to be a dipstick. I see a circular spot low that looks like it could be an oil window but closer in view it
looks like an allen key screw. What is that somewhat triangular thing on the side, it has 2 silver screw caps on it.

It looks like it's the same style dipstick/cap to my old eyes in this picture, roughly in the same place it is presently?

edit:

oil 2.jpg

Attachments

• oil.jpg
    oil.jpg
    19.7 KB · Views: 3,270
Last edited:
The silver "triangular thing" on the right side is the access cover for the DCT oil filter.

oops, yes indeed- I'll grab a screen cap of the DCT one and show it as well. Pretty much the same place anyway, just an inch or so lower, is all.
You're right, the oil fill cap on the DCT is not very far from or higher up than the cap on the manual NCX. I think oil checking is done in the same old way. But I don't really know for sure.

ok thanks. was hoping they finally added an oil check window. i saw that cap in a photo but it looked like it was too high up to be a dipstick.

Perspective is a funny thing, lol. To me, the dipstick placement seems unusually low! Most of my bikes have always had the dipstick waaay up near the top of the clutch case cover, and a long spindly stick going down into the bowels of the beast. (which proved to be a flaw on my BMW, as it would crumble to bits and fall apart, leaving the plastic chunks way down inside the engine...:rolleyes: )

Back