• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Zero motorcycles lowers 2015 motorcycle msrp in north america

I find it rather curious that when Honda (or any other Japanese manufacturer, but it always seems to be Honda that gets jumped on) lowers the price, or offers rebates, that a lot of people immediately scoff that it's because they're "not selling", and/or it is heralding the doom of that particular model, that it's soon to be discontinued, etc., etc. :confused:

An electric bike like the Zero would be near perfect for my inner city commuting and day to day schlepping about. It would be awesome to be able to thumb my nose at the obscene fuel taxes they pile onto already too expensive a cost for the gasoline that we pay for here.

The price of entry is insane though. I think by the time one of these things would be in my income bracket for purchase, I'll be either retired or too old to be riding to work every morning anyway. :( Having the cost of these only become viable over the course of a decade or more of maintenance or fuel savings just isn't good enough.

Batteries in electric vehicles get better every year. One problem with the improvement is the quick obsolescence of new purchases. A 2015 NC700 not a big difference from 2012, but go back 3 years on an electric vehicle and big drop in mileage and increase in charging time, yielding extra drop in resale value as a result. New batteries are in development with expectations that in 3 to 5 years electric cars will have a 300+ mile range. Some approaching this are already on test tracks.

Back