• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Wing Formation

Billy Budd

Reaction score
Visit site
125 mile RTE to day on the Wing with two friends............

I'll take the NC out tomorrow weather permitting.

006.JPG

005.JPG

Last edited:
You guys have to understand that every motorcycle is different. Ride what you have and enjoy it. The Wing is something I waited many years to get, all good things come to those who wait.

We got pretty zoomy in the twisties on the way home. The GL1800 is very agile for large bike. Cold and rainy here today the NC700X may sit in the garage today:(

We got pretty zoomy in the twisties on the way home. The GL1800 is very agile for large bike. Cold and rainy here today the NC700X may sit in the garage today:(

Now that is a twist, I may be able to get mine out of the garage for a ride today. Sorry about the bad weather.

I have had 5 goldwings , great machines. 2 of which were gl1800's. handling will surprise many :)

Iwas certainly pleasently surprised when I took a GL1800 out on test. The other thing I loved was how easy it was to get my feet down despite my short legs Things have certainly come a long way since my original GL1000 and the GL1100s I had. I can remember when people would stop and admire my GL1100 Aspencade

Iwas certainly pleasently surprised when I took a GL1800 out on test. The other thing I loved was how easy it was to get my feet down despite my short legs Things have certainly come a long way since my original GL1000 and the GL1100s I had. I can remember when people would stop and admire my GL1100 Aspencade

I had me a GL1200 Aspencade, great bike.

I had me a GL1200 Aspencade, great bike.

i have had so many gold wings i can remember them all, except my 1977 GL1000rr.. yes rr model. 450cfm holley carb, water menthol injected, super charger, lester wheels, 400f handlebars, racer supply full road race fairing , CB900f forks and twin piston brakes, hand build four into one exhaust, low compression pistons, ported, hand made aluminum intake for the blower. secondary fuel enrichment system for high boost, with two fuel pumps. fully gusseted frame and swing arm, 17 pounds boost est hp at 165. i would show up sat night at the local highway drags and just smoke all the bikes and cars, that was fun.. dale LONG LIVE THE GOLDWINGS.

Here are a few photos of some of the Wings that I have owned
now324_zps6159888c.jpg

img615_zpsa6d3964e.jpg

now100-1_zpsbf856dde.jpg

now110_zps0a243fe6.jpg

now095-1_zps42c7c1e6.jpg

now309-1_zpsca9a3e65.jpg

thanks for all the old pics, sure brings back allot of memory's, i always loved all those old fairings designs like the one on the dunstall, cb750f and one the goldwings i can not tell you how many vetter fairings and bags i installed in the early seventies. dale

I got the Vetter equipment at a very discounted price due to the fact that the importer wanted a bike to use for display purposes at the national M/C show which in those days was held at Olympia in London. They contacted the GWOCGB who because I had only bought the bike new a few days previously put me in touch. The result was my bike ended up on the display stand with all the gear fitted including the consol holding the cassette deck and speakers. This was quite advanced for a bike in those days

...The result was my bike ended up on the display stand with all the gear fitted including the consol holding the cassette deck and speakers. This was quite advanced for a bike in those days

Oh yeah, the old vetter radio dash. My 83 interstate had one of those. It's amazing what a difference a few decades make.

My 1983 Gold Wing:
wgwgoldwing-albums-misc-picture2730-old.jpg

My 2012 Gold Wing (after a Montana mud bath):
wgwgoldwing-albums-misc-picture2731-new.jpg

Really makes you stop and think what a few more decades will bring.

WGW

Back