• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Windscreen's Let's see em

the lexan comes in a 18x24" rectangle.
First, I drew a straight line down the center of the lexan.
I don't have fancy equipment, so I put three holes near the edge in the 24" side and screwed that onto the edge of a board. (board about 12 inches wide) and then did the same with the other side.
This causes the lexan to arc over the board in a half circle shape with the line I drew at the top.
I then used a heat gun to heat the line...holding the heat 1/2 inch about the line and using my arm to move it back and forth over the line length.
I did that for 1/2 hour turning the lexan 180 deg. every 10 minutes.

more later...
(well maybe not... someday I'll do a pictorial on making a windscreen from scratch... not now)

So it is essentially folded, not a sweeping large radius curve, but a tight radius? can you post a better picture?

thanks

So it is essentially folded, not a sweeping large radius curve, but a tight radius? can you post a better picture?

thanks

Yes. I'll start a separate thread for that so as not to disturb the catalogue nature of this thread.
I've learned to put attachments on the windscreen for colder weather. That plus the "red neck" fairings keep the wind off really well.

This is the clear Ermax Touring Windshield we have on our NC. It's 15cm/6 inches taller than the OEM screen for a total height of 48cm/19 inches.

20150724_144823.jpg

20150724_144927.jpg

A little hard to see the outline of the screen, but this is the stock Ermax image:
rsz_to0154127.jpg

Flat Matte black spray can on the inside. Keeps the clean gloss look and Honda logo. Looks sooo good. Im very happy with it.

So you should be, it looks great. The stock screen is the only screen I like tbh and I've been contemplating doing the same to mine.

Have you got anymore pics from different angles? I'd be very interested to see them, thanks.

Cee Bailey tall with MRA X-creen add-on and DIY holes.

I moved, giving up my 4 mile commute for a 30 mile highway commute, so high speed buffeting had to be dealt with. I need the tall screen to get the air over my helmet, and the holes help to reduce buffeting over the top of the screen over 60 mph. Plus, being around 100 degrees F most days when I ride to work at 5-6pm, the holes help let a little more air on me.

20150724_213254.jpg

One of the first to install aftermarket screen when the bike first came out in 2012. Cal-Sci tall, highest holes, Dales plate, I like to ride with no buffetting of my head as I like to ride with my faceshield open most days, Its003.jpg700X camping 007.jpg big but effective for its purpose. Ride safe.

One of the first to install aftermarket screen when the bike first came out in 2012. Cal-Sci tall, highest holes, Dales plate, I like to ride with no buffetting of my head as I like to ride with my faceshield open most days, ItsView attachment 25348View attachment 25349 big but effective for its purpose. Ride safe.

Dales nut plates with a MSR tinted windshield with deflector and Bruunt 2" windshield rizer. I'm tall, 6'3" this works for me. 002.jpg

Cal-Sci Touring - Medium. I cut about 2" off the top. Works great, no buffeting and leave my face shield open at any speed. I do need to trim another inch or two off though.

2015-05-31%2014.09.06x.jpg

MRA Vario Touring mounted on a Palmer Products mount. Also using a Palmer Products baffle plate to control air flow under the screen.

bike bird 001.jpg

bike bird 007.jpg

windblock 002.jpg

How tall are you? and How does it handle the cold Winter air?

I'm 6'5". Handles the cold weather very well. I live in Boston so I know cold weather! When it is cold or chilly, I simply decrease the angle of the upper variable screen and close the 'baffle' to block air coming under the screen. The wind will just graze the very top of my helmet (all my height if in my torso, not my legs). In the warm weather I completely collapse the upper section, remove the hand guards and open the baffle. Plenty of air!

Last edited:
Cal-Sci Touring - Medium. I cut about 2" off the top. Works great, no buffeting and leave my face shield open at any speed. I do need to trim another inch or two off though.

2015-05-31%2014.09.06x.jpg

Why do you want to trim off more? Is it interfering with your sight of objects in the distance or is it too restrictive of air flow? Would you recommend getting their shorter windshield?

Why do you want to trim off more? Is it interfering with your sight of objects in the distance or is it too restrictive of air flow? Would you recommend getting their shorter windshield?

The top of the screen is right in my line of sight - I have to sit up very straight and tall to see over it. I think I'll try some bar risers so I sit more upright before I cut it off again, though. I think a more upright sitting position will help - also might alleviate the discomfort in my upper back I have experienced during long rides.

Yes, if I were buying new from CalSci I'd go with a shorter screen.

The top of the screen is right in my line of sight - I have to sit up very straight and tall to see over it. I think I'll try some bar risers so I sit more upright before I cut it off again, though. I think a more upright sitting position will help - also might alleviate the discomfort in my upper back I have experienced during long rides.

Yes, if I were buying new from CalSci I'd go with a shorter screen.

I highly recommend the Rox 2" riser, it did wonders for my back and hands. 2nd best mod after replacing the seat.

Back