• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Wilbers 640 Suspension Upgrade

SlimDude

Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
It's been almost two weeks since I had my custom built Wilbers 640 rear shock w/hyd preload option and Promoto progressive fork springs installed by my local dealer. I ordered the parts direct from Wilbers in Germany. We had our first pillion ride on Saturday. The bike has been completely transformed. The front still jars when it hits a fast bump, but not nearly as bad as it did stock. The rear just glides over bumps, big and small. My pillion is very pleased. But the biggest improvement by far is the ability to adjust the rear preload with a twist of the wrist. No more trouble putting the sidestand down with the pillion on the bike. It was a big investment but I really think it is well worth the cost. So pleased with this bike now!

My Givi crashbars arrived today so that will be the next mod.

Very cool SlimDude. I can see the cost of the rear shock from the website, what did the labour to install run you? Not ready for this at the moment just trying to get an handle on budgeting.

Did the Givi crashbars a few weeks about. Install was pretty straight forward on the S model. Getting the longer bolts has been troublesome.

The service manager said it took four hours but he only charged me for three. The work mostly on Ducatis and KTMs so they likely were not as familiar. Taxes and all in it cost $349 CDN to install.

I put the crash bars on Monday evening. Pretty easy to install on my X. I didn't need longer bolts. They look pretty good. :cool:

Thanks SlimDude. I appreciate it. Have other priorities right now. Maybe in a couple years if I'm still going strong. Currently waiting on my head tube stand :)

Very cool SlimDude. I can see the cost of the rear shock from the website, what did the labour to install run you? Not ready for this at the moment just trying to get an handle on budgeting.

Did the Givi crashbars a few weeks about. Install was pretty straight forward on the S model. Getting the longer bolts has been troublesome.

The rear shock is easy to do yourself as well, just basic tools needed.

Back