• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Why and how do you stick to owning the NCX?

happy

Site Supporter
Reaction score
www.nc700-forum.com
Hi guys

With so many new bikes on the market now, how does one remain loyal and stick to the NCX?

One of the reasons from me is (now I am being sincere), that I like to remain in this friendly forum with you guys. It's like FAMILY.

Any other reasons? Anyone?

PS: not the trunk or mileage or Honda reliability standard reasons please?
:p

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It's great for me cause I have a foot drop on the left (gear side), so up motion for the toe is an impossible proposition .... :(
When rode the Wing - used the heel-toe shifter, which worked fine.
So, the DCT is my savior! :)

Last edited:
Can't afford another bike or would have a victory for sure.and the peeps on here are great and helpful

Why: I researched the NC before I bought it. The only reasons to part with the NC would be if my research turned out to be flawed or if my needs or tastes had changed. Neither is the case.

How: I'm not sure how to answer that. Why would I switch to a different bike if I don't want one?

Last edited:
This bike suits my needs. Perfect around town/commuter bike and it has that extra oomph to be a weekend warrior for trips and longer jaunts.

Its a sporty yet very functional bike IMO.

I just lik'em, so much so I replaced my 700X DCT with a 750S DCT. They are just right for me as I like singles and twin powered machines. I have no use for bikes that do ridiculous speeds. The 750 has all the grunt I need and I'm hoping to have a long happy relationship.

For me - the NC is just a fun bike to ride. I love how it sounds with the XG-1, it handles really well, and you can thrash it like a racer without getting in over your head. It is a safe, sane, reliable bike and I love how it looks even though some others don't.

I love the high seat height, lets you see in traffic. Sometimes I run with a pack of dressed out Harleys and it runs with or by them with no problem.

I keep the NC cause I like it. I don't give a rats *** what other riders say about it - and I have heard it all.

I have two other bikes - but the NC is my favorite. I plan on keeping it for a long long time.

I rode a 2007 Honda Sabre 1100 for 6 years. I liked that bike quite a bit, but it started having fueling issues and left me on the side if the road a few times, so it had to go. I did a bunch of research and the NC700X fit all my criteria except for the chain drive. Price, storage and it's a Honda were the primary reasons for the purchase.

The reasons I'll keep it for a while are the handling, gas mileage and what has been a decent Maint. cost so far. Plus I have the extended warranty so I don't expect Maint. to get too out of hand. The bike is just plain fun to ride, esp. since I resolved the seat issue with a Corbin seat and the slope mod.

What bigjeff said....I've got 6 other bikes and the NC is my new favorite. The engine is very street friendly. There must be something to this bike because my local dealer can't seem to keep them in stock.

$

Don't have money for all the farkles I want on the NC... can't imagine getting a different bike to farkle up...

As for how, it is as simple as a twist of the wrist.

I expect to keep my NC until it is old enough to become high maintenance or unreliable. It is a Honda so that should be a long time from now if I keep up with basic maintenance. My 9 year old Honda truck has 292,000 miles on it and is going strong.

My previous ride an MP3-400 has 65,000 miles on it. It is still reliable, but is high maintenance and for a Piaggio with that many miles it is tired. No one on the forums with either 400 or 500 MP3 has more miles. One guy with a 250 had 72,000 when he destroyed his engine.

Last edited:
I like it for commuting to work. The storage is the biggest plus for me. That is my biggest attraction. I will most likely buy another bike but I will keep the NC.

The follow reasons for me choosing the NC700X:

• ABS
• Dual Clutch Transmission (DCT) - 3 Riding Modes (D-Mode, S-Mode, & MT-Mode)
• Parallel Twin Engine
• Standard Seating Positon
• Adventure Bike Styling
• Many Honda and Aftermarket Accessories Available
• Easily Configurable
• It's a Honda!!!

Need I say more????

Last edited:
Hi guys

With so many new bikes on the market now, how does one remain loyal and stick to the NCX?

One of the reasons from me is (now I am being sincere), that I like to remain in this friendly forum with you guys. It's like FAMILY.

Sorry Happy, but the wonderful trunk, the mileage and the Honda reliability are huge factors for me. :eek: Probably the trunk being #1 on my awesome want list.

The styling, meh. It's neutral-to-alright for me. I didn't get it for it's looks, but I don't hate them. I would have instantly voted against the high a** in the air swoopy sport bike wannabe rear end, in preference for a larger fuel tank.

I like twin engines, as long as they aren't paint shakers, and a 270* crank just happens to be my all time favourite type of twin. It's got most of the beautiful sound of a nice sporty 90* VTwin, but without the double everything maintenance issues.

I strongly dislike the use of chains inside engines (cams, balancers, oil/water pumps, alternators, etc.) so the NC having gear driven everything (except, alas, the cam) is a great thing for me.

I have never liked the shim valve designs, because I have limited resources to work on them. No garage, or shop, or nice array of tools, and no nice fat bank account to have dealerships do the work. Simple is better for me, and screw and locknut is perfectly fine. I want a plain motorcycle, not a race bike.

I *do* want a chain drive for the bike, because I use it off road, and prefer chain and replaceable sprockets for simplicity and gearing adjustments. I like that it has a low first gear, allowing idle speed forward motion, with no snatching and stall out hiccups.

I like that it has a really easy clutch pull. I HATE bikes with very heavy and fatiguing clutch levers.

The design making for a super low COG is just great, and I really do notice and appreciate it.

I don't like the silly billion fasteners, hidden fragile tabs and slots and clips and giant one piece panels of bodywork to try and deal with for re/re.

I don't care for the single headlight, I prefer two. The shape of the light does nothing for me except make it difficult to modify or rig up rock protection.

When I buy a vehicle, my intent going in (barring the unforseen) is to keep it for life. I never have, and never will, buy a bike simply for a year or two until the next latest, greatest thing comes out, or not do things I want to with it, for fear of lowering it's resale value. Blech! I can't imagine having any fun that way!

Oh and to add another big thing! Since it is economical to run via great mileage and reliability, that means I can spend my money on farkles instead of repairs and tanker trucks full of petrol! :D

Last edited:
I bought mine for its fuel consumption and its long stroke motor. I never got to ride one but thoroughly researched the bike before taking the final step. I was not disappointed. I see no reason to change it. I now have 18000kms on it and the only problem has been a rear wheel bearing failure. There is nothing out there that can currently replace it and I include the 750 version in that comment. The ergonomics of the bike suit me, I find the trunk very useful. I have 4 other bikes and this is the one most used. On one days riding I have covered 800kms on it and remained reasonably comfortable. Why on earth would I change it ?

I like it despite what people say about it...I wanted adventure styling, the ability to to commute and tour, customize without starving, and otherwise just have fun with. I figure I'll have this bike completely outfitted (farkled) to my wants and needs and still have paid less than what others pay for just a bike...and it does what I want.

Hi guys

Happy, if you want a new bike, go get one. It doesn't matter what we or anyone else thinks.

Back