• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Who will lend out your motorcycle in a heart beat? Really who?

If my buddy has a visitor coming and wants to borrow my bike so they can go for a ride, I would have no problem lending him my bike. It's goes without saying that he will buy me a steak dinner afterwards.

I probably wouldn't let his friend ride my bike though

Other than me, two people have been on my NC. One I go to church with and he just rode around the church parking lot. The other, a 40 year friend who can afford to buy 10 NC's if he wanted.
I just say no.
My NC is my main mode of transportation. I have a 1980 F-150 that would break the bank if I stayed in it. She likes to drink...a lot

I would only lend my bike to 2 people, both are close to me, I've known them for aeons and they are well trusted sensible bike riders.

I no longer loan out vehicles.

Most I've lent (starting from my briggs/stratton minibike as a kid) came back boogered up. My CJ-5 was rolled; later another borrower broke the shift fork. Honda Accord was broken into in a dicey location. Van was wrecked.

No one but inspectors and mechanics at the dealer have ridden my bikes. And I don't ask to ride anyone else's.

I did offer to let my girlfriend drive my old Kubota in the field but she declined. I was going to put it in Low/1 and could walk faster than it would go. :)

I have a very short list of people I would let ride my NC. The Yamaha? Have fun. Bring it back...with gas in it...before it snows. Not the NC. If one of the people on that list had a friend coming, they could borrow her, but only if his friend rode his bike and he rode mine. I'm kind of picky.

To be honest the more I know some one the less likely I would let them borrow it. Just because if something happened and they damaged it and I ended up with monitory loss or they get hurt it would bother me for a long time. If someone I barley knew took it out and totaled it other then paying for it, and being inconvenient I would forget that in a few weeks. And really its not a sport bike all they can do is bounce at 6.5k revs its not like a sport bike where you want to pin it. It takes me less then 10 minutes to read people and that's all it would take also my mood would depend on it. I had a 2009 Road star warrior my prior to NC bike and a 2004 Ninja 500ex which was for sale and this chick and her dad came to see it, she was afraid to go ride it alone so I pulled the Warrior out gave the dad my dot snell helmet and told him the tanks full you got about 130 mile have fun see you when you get back.

also you people who "trust" dealer mechanics the first time I was there after purchase I was siting outside and I saw the mechanic flying out the drive way and hit the rev limiter in first and second, that didn't bother me cause of how restricted the nc engine is. almost stupid proof...

also you people who "trust" dealer mechanics the first time I was there after purchase I was siting outside and I saw the mechanic flying out the drive way and hit the rev limiter in first and second, that didn't bother me cause of how restricted the nc engine is. almost stupid proof...

You just reminded me of a phone call my dad got while we were on vacation a few years ago. He'd dropped his first BMW off for a major service before we left, and the mechanic who took it out for a shakedown ran it into the back of a box truck. Fractured his spine, but was back at work by the time we got home and my dad went in to sort things out. Bike was totaled. He actually ended up ahead on that one though, between the shop's insurance and selling what was left for parts. Except that old BMW was a pretty blue, and new one is boring black.

I've generally got 3 bikes on hand, and have lent out Bikes to Friends before, that were licensed, and experienced...but I only run liability insurance on my bikes, and would never loan it out to a complete stranger, would have to be someone I trusted would be good for any damage they might incur while they have it....
That being said, I've had the NC for a year and a half, and over 10,000 miles and no one else has ridden it yet..... :)

I've commented once but want to make another statement I had not said before. I do let people ride my bike. Strangers? Heck No. People I know and trust sure. Regarding the NCX. I've let more people ride it in a short time period than any other bike I've owned. Why? Although I'm a little disappointed in the lack of power I love everything else about the bike. The commutability. When I do get asked questions from friends that are riders I let them take it for a quick spin. Who knows, they may like it and buy one. This is why I let them test it real quick. In a year and a half four people have ridden the bike. One of them is considering a purchase. He lives in Indiana and is going to check the local adds. I told him to buy used. You can get a much better deal.

My mechanic rides an RC51 (RVT1000R/VTR1000), so I trust him enough with my NC700X or CBR600F4. Funny, he wouldn't loan me his RC51 while my CBR was in the shop...

I avoid lending my bikes mostly, and I never ask to borrow bikes from anyone, even from friends. I have seen too many bad situations occur over the years with bikes that have been lent. Furthermore, some riders while well able to ride a motorcycle, are not mechanically sympathetic, and that would trouble me.

Back