• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Where to mount action cam

captdirt

Reaction score
Visit site
Seems I'm getting an action camera for fathers day as some others here. Where are you guys mounting them? I was thinking on the left handguard as it will clear the windshield and have a clear view. Windshield is tinted so shooting thru it won't work. Any better ideas?

So far, I've mounted my gopro on...
1. The mirror post
2. Left passenger foot peg
3. Lower right frame bar (near the horn)
4. Helmet
5. Under headlight nose area
6. Rear seat handle thingie

My favorite perspectives for viewing have been the helmet, footpeg and lower frame.
Experimenting has been fun! Enjoy your footage!

Wow, everyone is Going Pro....wow even that sounds great!
:p

Handlebar is not the ideal place because of vibrations. On body is best because no vibrations but then the body moves around (many people cannot hold still, even when not moving).

Try out the above suggest locations and experiment!
Happy Father's day...I wonder if I get anything.
:D

So far (on the MTB and DH bicycles) I've had GoPro:

1. Helmet
- top center
- chin
- left cheek
- right top
- mounting "pole" sticked to the front
2. Chest (via chestie mounting suspenders)
3. Forearm above the wrist
4. Front wheel
- above the tire
- shocks on both sides
5. Rear wheel (both sides and above)
6. Handlebar (facing front and back)
7. Under the seat (facing backwards)
8. Down part of the frame between pedals facing upwards

In none of these cases there were problems with vibrations... I had people claiming I'm sh***ing them, as this smooth vid can't be downhill... up to the point where they've seen the video from someone stationary on the hill. :cool:

PS: Two things I find very usefull (and will definitely use with motorcycle): battery pack and remote control. First one doubles the recording/power on time, second is extremely handy to operate the camera (or cameras when you have more than one).

I know what I'm gonna get for Father's Day... and it really does not matter that I paid for it myself... it's waiting that kills me! ;)

So far (on the MTB and DH bicycles) I've had GoPro:

1. Helmet
- top center
- chin
- left cheek
- right top
- mounting "pole" sticked to the front
2. Chest (via chestie mounting suspenders)
3. Forearm above the wrist
4. Front wheel
- above the tire
- shocks on both sides
5. Rear wheel (both sides and above)
6. Handlebar (facing front and back)
7. Under the seat (facing backwards)
8. Down part of the frame between pedals facing upwards

In none of these cases there were problems with vibrations... I had people claiming I'm sh***ing them, as this smooth vid can't be downhill... up to the point where they've seen the video from someone stationary on the hill. :cool:

PS: Two things I find very usefull (and will definitely use with motorcycle): battery pack and remote control. First one doubles the recording/power on time, second is extremely handy to operate the camera (or cameras when you have more than one).

I know what I'm gonna get for Father's Day... and it really does not matter that I paid for it myself... it's waiting that kills me! ;)

Glad to see a person nuttier than myself.
:p

Back