• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

What's the difference

Has anyone compiled or found a listing of the precise differences, if any besides color, of the 12/13/14 NCX's? :confused:
Thanks

Well, sorta kinda, but not really, lol...

A specifically compliled list, no, I don't think so. A generalized familiarity of them and commented on here and there, yes.

Speaking strictly of the North American NC700X/XA and XD models, things may be different with our friends bikes elsewhere:

2012)

-Had to cut bodywork to install OEM panniers/rear luggage rack.

2013)

-Same as 2012 but:

-Do not have to cut bodywork for OEM Panniers/rear luggage rack.

2014)

-same as 2013, but:

-Engine now painted black instead of charcoal/silver

-Seat change (less forward slope), seat cover material changed (not as slippery), unknown if density of foam changed or not.

-Instrument cluster tweaked to include gear indicator, mileage computer, and I believe 6 LCD blocks measuring the fuel level, versus 5 on the earlier models. Also clock and odometer/tripmeter locations flipped above/below the 2012 and 2013 positions. The clock is now outside the demarcated box, and the mileage counter/s below, inside the box.

-Possible engine/fuel map ECU tweakage.

-Brake lever is OEM Honda wheel style span adjustable kind.

-OEM tire options more dual sporty.

-Muffler changed internally for more throaty sound.

-"Combined" (AKA Linked) brake design no longer used. USA XD ABS models lose third piston in front caliper, Canadian XA ABS models lose third piston in front caliper.

Don't know if you still have to cut out underneath the front beak when adding OEM accessory light bar.

I *think* this is it, but will edit in any additions or corrections others bring up, that I have wrong or missed.

Last edited:
The seat on my 2014 is exactly the same as the 2012-2013 except for the cover. I actually prefer the 2012-2013 seat cover over mine, but I can't get my riding partner who has one to exchange! Other than that the bike is the same except for the instrument cluster where I have a gear indicator that I love and some different tires. There are more changes with the 750 available in other countries, but nothing really with the 700 other than a higher price each year. It used to be only $6999 for the manual!

Back