• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

What 'ya gonna do in Winter?

happy

Site Supporter
Reaction score
www.nc700-forum.com
Hi guys

Winter is upon us here in the northern hemisphere.
We are all going to be looking to do other stuff besides riding the NCX.
Any ideas?

Mine are:
1. PS3 playing
2. Building up my spare hobby room (into a man's den)
3. Figuring out my new Samsung S3
4. Eat winter food, spell Cheese Fondue...
5. Cuddling time with my 2 children and wife

What are your plans, dear friends?
Hibernation?

~Joe

I keep riding. Land cleaning on my property is easiest while the leaves are down. A military vehicle get-together this week-end. Can always drag the small arms out and send lead downrange. In other words, same-o, same-o. On the last Saturday of December there is always the iron butt ride to the Stagecoach Inn in Stockton, Alabama for a good ole chicken dinner.

Hi guys

Any ideas?

Mine are:
1. PS3 playing

Hibernation?

~Joe
Switzerland - northern hemisphere? Jeez Joe, you're almost on the Mediterranean coast ;)
See other post - Warmnsafe gear - ride all through the winter unless the snow comes and stays.
Mike

I _have_ to ride it despite it's sunny, raining or whatever, it's my main transport

I am going to do a lot of riding. Already rode it to Az. Ordered Mt-60R's for it. I well be in Az in less than 2 weeks waren to go.

I keep riding. Land cleaning on my property is easiest while the leaves are down. A military vehicle get-together this week-end. Can always drag the small arms out and send lead downrange. In other words, same-o, same-o. On the last Saturday of December there is always the iron butt ride to the Stagecoach Inn in Stockton, Alabama for a good ole chicken dinner.

I've been trying to get to Stagecoach for the last four years but plans have changed at the last minute. Maybe this year will be the year. If I make it I will look you up.
Mike

I've been trying to get to Stagecoach for the last four years but plans have changed at the last minute. Maybe this year will be the year. If I make it I will look you up.
Mike

Look for an insanely farkled NC700. I usually stay the night before at the Windwood Inn on McMeans AV in Bay Minette.

I have been going to the Stagecoach on the last Saturday of the year, I believe, for at least 10 years. I was riding a Yamaha Venture blue with blue lighting decals. Hope to see you this year. Send me a email if you are going to be there.

I have been going to the Stagecoach on the last Saturday of the year, I believe, for at least 10 years. I was riding a Yamaha Venture blue with blue lighting decals. Hope to see you this year. Send me a email if you are going to be there.

If you don't read about me in the obits, I will be there. In the past I rode my R100RT and later my R1150R.

Where as gkgeiger appears to be one of our snowbirds, I live here in FL. year round. I moved here for the fact that I could ride all year and fish all year,I don't own a jacket and the tan is a perpetual thing for me. Friends say that if I get more than 50 miles from warm air and salt water that I fall apart. So I will ride and ride and ride

And the roads here in WV are interesting enough that basic commuting is pretty satisfying. And welcome back! Cyclops

Cyclerosis,

I spent several years during the 1970's working at a glass container plant in Keyser, WV. Very pretty riding area. What I most remember (besides the plant manager's pretty secretary) was that the roads were slick from coal dust in the first few minutes after it started raining. I had some moments where I gripped the seat with an unlikely part of my anatomy.

Cyclerosis,

I spent several years during the 1970's working at a glass container plant in Keyser, WV. Very pretty riding area. What I most remember (besides the plant manager's pretty secretary) was that the roads were slick from coal dust in the first few minutes after it started raining. I had some moments where I gripped the seat with an unlikely part of my anatomy.

It's still a big coal state, but they're fracking for natural gas here too. I'm in the eastern panhandle sandwiched between PA, MD and VA. You can pick any road in North Mountain, the area I live, and have a great ride to nowhere but never get lost. There's a 40 mile loop when I have time, that takes me through Gerrardstown, WV, Glengary,WV, Cross Junction, VA down to Winchester, VA then back up to Gerrardstown. 90% of which is mountain lane riding. At certain points you can see three different mountain ridges rising over the landscape. A beautiful place to ride!

According to Google maps, your glass plant isn't 2 hours from here.

Hi guys

Any ideas?

Mine are:
1. PS3 playing

Hibernation?

~Joe

HJ you just about nailed my list, except for the cuddling with your wife and kids part :) I'm actually hoping for a mild winter in Texas. Don't get me wrong, I do love me some cold weather, but I love riding more right now.

Ice fishing. I spend more time on the ice than I do in my boat. Hard to beat sitting in the pop-up shanty, heater
blasting so i'm in my t-shirt, just eaten a hot meal from the propane stove, drinking a beer or sippin' 80 proof something,
coming up with ideas for my next grand ride on the NC, all while i'm keeping an eye on my tip ups and jigging for something in the shanty.

Last edited:
Back