• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

What would you do?

miss demeaner

Reaction score
Visit site
if you had to "join" the witness protection program?

I'm a nurse, I wouldn't be able to work as a nurse anymore. it's what I've done for 30 plus
years. what about riding motorcycles? would I have to give up EVERYTHING that could possibly
identify me as me?
just something I've wondered about. what are your thoughts on it?

*EDIT* this is purely hypothetical.
another thought, where would you go? Europe? Canada? Mexico? would you stay in the states?

Last edited:
if you had to "join" the witness protection program?

I'm a nurse, I wouldn't be able to work as a nurse anymore. it's what I've done for 30 plus
years. what about riding motorcycles? would I have to give up EVERYTHING that could possibly
identify me as me?
just something I've wondered about. what are your thoughts on it?

Fascinating! Of all the curious daydreams and general musings I have had, I've never thought about such a situation!

I'm duller than dishwater for the most part lol, but giving up motorcycling...jeez, that would likely be the one and only real method to connect or track me down. It would be a near impossible thing for me to stop.

Honestly, I would try do it anyway, attempt to fly beneath the radar, and take what happened as a consequence willingly understood. Ideally, in the world of theoretical, I would like to put more effort into tracking down and eliminating the threat against me first, rather than hiding away from it, but it gets complicated translating wishful thinking to reality, hee hee.

My understanding is that they give you a new identity so running a plate from your bike would just be another "John Smith". I would think to that it would also come down to who you ratted on.

Yeah, I imagine you'd have to give up nursing. Too many identifiable things that tie you to that profession. I doubt you would have to give up cycling too though. I mean I'm pretty sure that people in FWP still can drive cars. You just probably would have to stay away from forums and other social media outlets as well as major group meets etc. Also not frequent any places you had in the past. :cool:

I'd wondered, in the past, why Hannibal Lecter didn't dine on women in the movie Silence Of The Lambs. But never before did I ponder what I'd do if I had to disappear. In the series LilyHammer, Steven Van Zandt's character went to Norway to hide from a mobster who eventually located him anyway. Maybe a gypsies life would suit life on the lam.

bugger that I wouldn't be in the witness program if they paid me.
I'd be for ever be looking over my shoulder and what about all your families and friends.
I'd denied all knowledge of the offence.

Perhaps you could use the opportunity to go back to study and become a Doctor or a Surgeon under your new identity. Even if you did not stay with the medical profession, it is an ideal opportunity to further your education at something else that you had previously thought of but never followed up ? Of course you could always load up your NC and head off on around the world trip picking up temp nursing work here and there to pay your way ?

Back