• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

What is your primary use for the NC?

searsboy

Reaction score
Visit site
Apologies if this subject has been addressed before, but I'm curious. There are so many folks buying this bike...from all over the world. We are all different, but share at least this one common bond.
So here's the questions...what is your primary use for this bike and do you ride solo?

1. commute
2. day rides
3. weekend adventures
4. extended roadtrips

a. always solo
b. sometimes solo
c. always 2 up

I'll go first with 2/a being the most used...3 & 4 being used as much as possible!!!
I work construction, so commuting is not an option for me...too many tools to carry and
those darn bulky ladders!!!! My wife stopped riding with me when our duaghter was born
20 years ago. I like solo because I don't have to worry about anyone but me getting hurt (or worse).

Feel free to add any options that I left out!

1,2 and b

I use my other bike - a Honda cb900c mostly on weekends and for longer rides when two up, but we fit ok on the 700. I choose the 700 for almost anything over the 900 when the wife is not tagging along. The 31 year old 900 Honda does draw a crowd at events tho - but so does the 700, for now at least until Honda sells a bunch of them here.

I have yet to see another one on the road here in Clearwater Florida, but my local Honda salesman said the nc700x sells as fast as they uncrate and put em' on the floor.

I haven't had much time for more than 1 and 2 (primarily 1), but 3 and 4 are definitely on the list of things to do. This bike is all-around awesome! It's usually solo, but I've never had any trouble carrying a passenger.

You need an a, b, c & d
Always solo, mostly solo, sometimes solo and mostly 2-up.

I'm mostly 1A. But there's a good chunk of all the other options as well. Probably will be a lot more all around after I get a seat fit for human consumption, though.

234 for me (1 can't happen as i have to use the company car). Usually riding 2 up but do some solo stuff when the wife is working.

I think 2 & 3, a (solo) fits me best. The NC slots next to my ST1300 and I alternate between the two bikes in these roles of day riding and long weekend rides out of town. Of course with the NC being new I have been riding it more just because.

I drive a company car during the week so I can't ride to work.

Commuting mostly, doing about 90 miles a day.

Done a few ride outs with friends.

So far done one three day trip to The Peak District National Park and the Snowdonia covering 849 miles.

The commuting will stay the same but hope to increase the other two.

I almost feel a New Years resolution coming on!

Back