• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

What is the highest elevation you've had your NC700?

Is blue ridge a bike friendly road!hair pin turns?curves?its on my list.just haven't looked into it that much
As long as you are not in a hurry. The speed limit is 45mph or less for 480+ miles (and don't get caught speeding-you have to go to federal court to pay the fine-the blueridge parkway is federal property) and don't go on the weekends-especially in the fall when the leaves are turning-the RVs will drive you crazy.
The North Carolina part of the Blueridge parkway is prettier to me than the Virginia part. There are no hair pins, but there are lots of curves and a number of short tunnels in North Carolina.
The scenery is gorgeous and there are numerous pull-overs-be careful when sightseeing while moving, if you run off the road, it is a longgggggg way down.
Scenes from the Blueridge:

The black bump on the right side of the below picture is actually a bear cub. There were 2 bear cubs and a momma bear. The leader of our small group didn't want to proceed-was afraid this bear cub would run out, but she didn't see momma bear on the other hill side getting agitated and we finally told the leader to move or she would become bear food.

Thank you for the pics.i now see how hard it would be to not look and ride.i would have to stop at every point to look.this is a must ride.

Yea, I think I have to make another trip to the Blue-ridge come springtime. I need to get a pic of the NC700 in front of the signs. The Blue-ridge southern most point is Cherokee, North Carolina and the most northern point is Waynesboro Virginia and then you can ride straight onto Skyline drive (this is a toll road, $10 with 35mph for 105 miles or so) which ends at Front Royal, Virginia, Then you are only 4 hours from Gettysburg. :)

Back