• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Question What bolt size is this?

GregC

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I want to replace the two “what I had in my bolt drawer” bolts that hold on the under cowl at the rear of each side on my 2015 NC700x DCT.

Per the parts diagram, its item 14 on the Under Cowl:
SCREW, SPECIAL (5X11)
item: 90114-MGE-000

Babbitts has them but with shipping they’re a bit silly priced.

I can’t cross reference “5x11” to anything. I’m sure I can get these at Lowes Depot if I can figure out exactly what they are.

Thanks.

After looking for some reference(s) I looked in my box of parts. Even though I have a 2021 NC750xd I did come across some screws - part # 90122-MJK-N20 which are identified as 5 x 11 (Honda OEM). It appears that the length of the bolt is 5 and the size of the head is 11. I can't confirm the measurements by ruler in mm but perhaps the picture will give you some idea.
It may be helpful to find a conversion table - mm to inches - which will give you more precise values.
HTH.

Attachments

• PXL_20230917_214332051.jpg
    PXL_20230917_214332051.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 8
  • PXL_20230917_214737173.MP.jpg
    PXL_20230917_214737173.MP.jpg
    5.2 MB · Views: 8
I want to replace the two “what I had in my bolt drawer” bolts that hold on the under cowl at the rear of each side on my 2015 NC700x DCT....
I didn't get it. Do you have these bolts you want to replace? There should be more than one. If so, take one of them and go to Lowes, Home Depot, Ace, etc. and try to fit the nut to it and that will tell you the thread size. Then maybe find a standard metric bolt that's a little longer and use a few washers to adjust it to the required length.
But I see that such an OEM part costs about $2.40. With shipping costs it probably won't exceed $15. I value my time, so it would cost me less than the cost of looking for a replacement.

I want to replace the two “what I had in my bolt drawer” bolts that hold on the under cowl at the rear of each side on my 2015 NC700x DCT.

Per the parts diagram, its item 14 on the Under Cowl:
SCREW, SPECIAL (5X11)
item: 90114-MGE-000

Babbitts has them but with shipping they’re a bit silly priced.

I can’t cross reference “5x11” to anything. I’m sure I can get these at Lowes Depot if I can figure out exactly what they are.

Thanks.
Its a Honda shouldered bolt, M5 x 11mm inc shoulder. Doubt you'll get that part at general suppliers. So, pay for the Honda part, or save the cost of a beer & bodge it with a standard M5 x 11

I don’t have the original bolts. I’d order them but it works out to about $7 per bolt delivered and there are just some things my psyche won’t allow me to be gouged on.

Thanks for the input - I’ll head off to Lowes Depot and play in the bolt drawer and see what I find.

I don’t have the original bolts. I’d order them but it works out to about $7 per bolt delivered and there are just some things my psyche won’t allow me to be gouged on.

Thanks for the input - I’ll head off to Lowes Depot and play in the bolt drawer and see what I find.
If it was originally a shouldered bolt, does Lowes Depot carry metric shouldered bolts? If you use a straight bolt, how will you snug and make sure the bolt doesn‘t come loose with out risking cracking the plastic cowl?

I see the Honda bolt available for about $2. If you place an order for other supplies that you’ll need anyway (air filter, oil, tire, etc.) maybe you can get free shipping.

207FE74B-2FB6-4BD8-AEF4-59F90EC9FCB4.jpeg

Last edited:
If you use a straight bolt, how will you snug and make sure the bolt doesn‘t come loose with out risking cracking the plastic cowl?...

You can use a nylon fender washer. You can find them at Lowes.
But I also think it's better to use an OEM bolt.

If it was originally a shouldered bolt, does Lowes Depot carry metric shouldered bolts? If you use a straight bolt, how will you snug and make sure the bolt doesn‘t come loose with out risking cracking the plastic cowl?

I see the Honda bolt available for about $2. If you place an order for other supplies that you’ll need anyway (air filter, oil, tire, etc.) maybe you can get free shipping.

View attachment 52979
agreed -- it needs a shoulder bolt. Right now I just don't need anything else, and Babbits and Partzilla want $99 and $149, respectively, to get free shipping. Just not worth it for 2 bolts. What I have in there now is working (I honestly cannot remember how I lost the original bolts), but one is a 5mm hex and the other is 3mm so I need two tools to take them out. It's just an annoyance I thought I'd fix. I'm sure with enough digging I'll find something at the hardware store.

If you had some thin wall tubing or a collar in your junk box, you could make your own shoulder for a regular bolt.

If you have a local dealer near you that could be another option. You may pay more per fastener but it could be worth it if you save on freight.

Back