• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

What are your thoughts about the 2 bikes?

InfernoST

Reaction score
Visit site
I'm curious to know what your feelings are between the two machines. Personally, I am a little skeptical about the dual clutch thing and am leaning towards the manual transmission if and when they are available here in the USA. What do you think?

I think I'll give the dual clutch a try.

It'll take some getting used to, but I'm looking forward to it. I think it will be fun and, since the bike is a commuter, easier to commute on.

I'm curious to know what your feelings are between the two machines. Personally, I am a little skeptical about the dual clutch thing and am leaning towards the manual transmission if and when they are available here in the USA. What do you think?

The one with DCT could allso change gear manualy.

The one with DCT could allso change gear manualy.

I understand that but it is being done electronically via electro mechanics while also adding a 2nd clutch to the mix. I like the K.I.S.S principle when it comes to certain things and this is one of them. I'm staying away from getting the Suzuki Burgman 650 because of its complex transmission that cost around $3500 to have repaired should the internal lifetime belt should break prematurely which has happened to quite a few people.

I've got over 30.000 trouble free miles on my 650 Burgman. Its a blast to play with! And works fine just left alone. Thats why I will be going with the DCT in the Integra when introduced here.

I think a test ride would be in order. 2 years ago I bought a honda dn01, the same engine as a transalp, but , you just couldnt recognise it in the dino, it was just so smooth in auto mode. That was a lovely ride, despite the negative reviews on the dn01, I'll always regret selling mine.
I must admit I'd much rather have waited and bought an integra, but the extra £1700 , was just over my budget.

Last edited:
The DCT adds considerable weight and cost to the bike. So I would rather have the manual transmission and clutch. However, my main interest in the bike is the C-ABS. Since I can't get the C-ABS without getting the DCT, I will continue to wait while riding my current bikes FZ1 & ZR7.

Actually the US will get the plain 6 speed version (no ABS) and a version with DCT and ABS for $2000 more. Bummer for those of us that would like the manual transmission with ABS.

Some brainless nerd in Honda's North-American marketing department got it wrong big time. Manual + ABS is the winning combination on the X but I think I'd be happy to do without the ABS to get the manual box, especially if it's got the combined braking system (which I expect it will have). Then you've saved 2000 bucks and got fewer expensive electronic gizmos to go wrong after your warranty expires!! Apart from that, I have always found playing tunes on the clutch and gears to be one of motorcycling's greatest pleasures.

My 2 cents

DCT is for people who are daily commuters who do not want to fiddle with the gear changes.
I tried both versions and ended up with the manual one, because I still want to be a "real shifter".
The DCT one has 2 modes, sports and drive. It will change up much later in the S mode.
You can always override with the trigger (+) and the thumb press (-) manual buttons, but it kind of scooterise the feeling on the whole.
If you can live with that feeling, then the DCT is the one for you.
I cannot. (although I set out to buy the DCT because of its tech advance promise).

Have fun, that is what biking is all about. Unless you are buying this for daily commute....then DCT.
:cool:

I would be very interested if they offered the naked version NC700S in the US. After thinking the DCT sounded ridiculous I got over my initial disgust and decided it sounds good. Still have to try before buy it, but the fact they are not releasing the naked version ends the deal for me.

DCT could be cool. but.........isn't worth the extra 2 grand. I would rather save the 2 grand and shift my own bike. Plus it is lighter and i don't need abs. I like the manual.

For me it is a no brainier. I drive a manual Subaru Impreza, so I am sure not going to drive an automatic motorcycle.

Personally, I like the 'connection' you get with shifting the machine, vs just riding atop it.

Back